CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekend update

Let's see what really happened:

Wash linens in purple room and make bed.
Halfway - as long as it gets completed by next weekend we're okay. That's when Emily comes and I like it to be nice when she arrives.

Clean off computer desk. About halfway here, too.

File tax papers. Done

Clean kitchen:
Finish cleaning oven (yes, it has taken me THIS long! Remember housekeeping has become optional) Done

Dishes Done

Find a box for the old dishes (I got some new dishes at Opportunity House for $10, but want to keep the old ones to have enough for parties) Not done

Clean off the table all the way. About halfway

Sweep the kitchen floor. Not done

Clean the coffee maker and smack Michael upside the head for using it and never cleaning it.
Half done - the cleaning part -wait a minute - okay fully complete. I had to wait for him to finish brushing his teeth.

Change the trash bag. Done

Either put away the sewing machine or start sewing something! Not done

Take a load to the dump. Done

Exercise by either walking the quilt show, the dog walk or both. Dog walk

Pick up Michael from Ed's Done (thus the head smacking completion possible)

Attend the concert at IU tomorrow (a vocal jazz set mezzo soprano Billie Holiday tunes whoopee!) Yay Bloomington! Not done - I had concert time incorrect I thought it was 2:00 and it was 8:00. not possible with the picking up Michael schedule. I actually showered, got dressed, drove to campus, parked, walked two blocks to concert hall, THEN discovered an empty hall and and my error.

Sweep the hallway Not done

Figure out why the car smells bad and fix it. Well it kind of stopped smelling - maybe whatever it was putrified beyond the point of stinkiness?

Finish cleaning around the chair in my room. I will do this tonight.

Some form of walking or other exercise tomorrow also. I think I am counting the walk to the concert hall and back!

Maybe get to Opportunity House, but I might feel a little too poor even for thrift shopping this weekend. Salvation Army instead where I purchased a paperback Joyce Carol Oates novel and and hardback copy of Sue Miller's "The Good Mother" or is it " A Good Mother" whichever, it is a good book.

I also finished reading " A Wedding in December"
I also attended the Ultimate Fighting Championship Party. I would pick a fighter I wanted to win based on how pretty he was, how cool his tattoos were, how nice his t-shirts were designed and root for him that way. The fights were not as gruesome as I pictured. I wanted them to be more tae kwon do-ish - like Angel and Spike ass-kicking vampires and demons, instead it was only a little tae kwon do, some muy thai, some jujitsu and some regular wrestling holds and stuff.... a lot of elbowing and knees..... I wanted leaping back spin kicks and it was "I'm gonna grind your ear into the mat and hurt your cauliflower ear and squeeze your neck for thirty seconds...." Not worth fifty bucks of pay-per-view in my books!

Plus I came home with my hair smelling like smoke even though nobody really smoked in the house, so now I feel like I need to wash my sheets too. But it was really nice to be invited and have a friend who wanted me to come to her house and hang out. I really appreciated it!

I felt like talking today so while I was on my way up to Indy I realized Heather would be out of church and probably still on the south side so I called her and she met me and drove the rest of the way to Greenfield to get Michael with me. He hadn't eaten so we stopped at a little diner and had little food. the nice waited let me order off the kiddie menu so I could have a diabetic portion and it was perfect! I wish other places would let you do that!

Happy today for: a safe journey. A nice waiter. Vinyl gloves to wear while cleaning the oven.

No comments: