CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Things got better.

I medicated my headache appropriately. I have been encouraged by both my NP and my chiropractor to do so, but I still tend to have this tendency to think I should try to tough it out.

Nikki loaned me an umbrella so I didn't have to walk to class in the rain.

I did get some more work in this afternoon. I also got expressions of appreciation for the Clerk of the Court which made me feel good. ( I also dealt with a moron from the state government, but that just proves that there are morons everywhere!)

Class was good. The speaker was the Director of HR from Baxter, which is the pharma company where my main interest lies, because they have a branch in Albuquerque, which I still can't spell. He talked a lot about the company culture and philosophy and it sounds so positive and uplifting, despite their current legal troubles with Mr. & Mrs. Quaid and the Heparin labeling problem. I figured nobody from Baxter would even be allowed to say the word Heparin in public, but it was quite the opposite.

https://www.baxter.com

This is current class description:

Organizational Development in the Life Sciences Industry

How do you improve an already successful organization’s effectiveness? Organizational development is the study of an organization’s structure and culture in order to maintain a competitive advantage in an ever-changing business environment. Learn about leadership styles, as well as management strategies for motivating employees, improving quality, valuing diversity, resolving conflict, and managing change. Guest speakers from local life sciences employers will discuss their organization’s unique culture and development. Master the skills to advance in this growing field.

It should help me know exactly where to apply and stuff when I am ready. I am still nervous about career changing and having confidence to apply and interview. I even feel nervous about clothes to wear and things like that because I don't wear skirts anymore. I was really stressing about that the other night and then I realized, heck, if Hillary Clinton can run for president in pantsuits, surely I can apply for jobs!

And I did find something today to truly be happy for. After class while I was walking back to the car I realized on campus they put in a bunch of giant pansies in some of the beds! So even though they may still get snowed on, because heck, this IS Indiana, it was sure beautiful and cheerful and a nice way to end my rainy evening... seeing lovely, blooming flowers after my nice class.

Bye, bye, Eeyore! Welcome back, Tigger!

3 comments:

Deb said...

To Tigger moments, all around!

Love, Deb

Anonymous said...

HAPPY SPRING! YAY!
HEATHER

Anonymous said...

HAPPY SPRING! YAY!
HEATHER