CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dinner was served:

Turkey breast
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Asparagus
Deviled eggs
Pumpkin bread
Apple cake
Cranberry sauce
Refreshing beverages

To Me, Emily, Michael, Nikki, Ben, Gillian, Scott.

A nice little dinner party. I sort of took all day and just prepared as I felt like it. Michael made the frosting for the cake, and mashed the potatoes and did the asparagus. Emily was excused from helping because she had a headache and we know I certainly understand that.

No deep philosophical thoughts today. I also finished reading "This Vast Being" which was quite philosophical and about grieving and prompted me to think a lot on grieving and on whether or not I believe the spirit lives on, but I have no conclusions on it.

Happy today for: Ellen DeGeneres. I wouldn't mind watching her show every day, I think. I loved her sitcom and even remember when it was first on and was called "These Friends of Mine." It is kind of ironic that basically she was cancelled for being gay and now she is so openly gay and her show is such a hit and it is so uplifting. Yay for her. Maybe America is really becoming more accepting. We can only hope. Toaster ovens all around.

No comments: