CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm a lawbreaker,

living dangerously on the edge. I got a ticket for not having my seatbelt properly fastened because I had it behind my head. I am so short it cuts right across my neck and hurts all the time. When I said that to the cop he said, "Uh, you have to go buy one of those furry things..." Emily was about to laugh her head off.

Mostly the trip turned out to be pleasant the roads were dry, it was sunny, no more snow, traffic light , everything okay. Radio good music. I got there quickly, grabbed Em, we ate some lunch turned around came home, got a ticket, stopped to get a Shamrock shake for Em, got home quickly and made it all within five hours.

I took a bag of trash to the dump , made a quick store run and grabbed a pizza and we started watching Pirates of the Caribbean III - I fell asleep about halfway in and just woke up a few minutes ago! Time to take my medicine, drink some water and go read some more of "The Mermaid Chair" until I fall asleep again. Going to sleep a lot more tonight and then spend tomorrow being mellow and hangin' with the crew catching up a little on the house stuff.

Happy today for something that didn't quite happen, but almost but it reminded me that I want to tell you about how easily amused I am and how happy it CAN make me. I LOVE when we drive by the airport... 465 goes right under the path of a couple of runways and I LOVE when a plane comes in and we go right underneath it. It gives me some kind of inner thrill. Maybe it's because I am afraid of plane crashes and it makes me feel like I am living on the edge or maybe it's because I am a little fascinated with flight or maybe it's just because I'm a total geek! But today the plane that came in was about thirty seconds too fast for us, but it was fun to try to make it.

Emily quote of the day. "Why in the hell would there be a God, anyway?"

2 comments:

Amber said...

I enjoyed the mermaid chair. I just finished Three Cups of Tea- if you haven't read it you should. How was ten thousand splendid suns for you?

Hope said...

Loved the Mermaid Chair. I just finished it. She had an affair, but I liked what she learned from it. I liked what she learned from her mother and her friendships with the women.