CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hairy Night

Michael went to the big I say Peace Rally he says War Protest. He goes almost every Wednesday, but tonight was special because of the five year anniversary of the war. They had speakers, etc. I would have gone tonight if it hadn't been raining, but I am a fair weather peace monger in my old age. I went grocery shopping, fed Debbie's cats, came home and put groceries away and ate instead. Then I went and picked him up. Ironically, we watched "Hair" while he ate his dinner. It wasn't planned that way. It just so happened that I borrowed a bunch of movies from Heather over the weekend and it was one of them - of course it was at Hippie boy's request AND it is one of his favorites AND it was after I introduced him to it that he decided to grow his hair! He had started watching it earlier this week and only gotten about halfway so we watched the rest tonight. When that one woman sings the song that starts "How Can People Be so Cruel?" that can just make me bawl, but I made it through tear free tonight. I must be getting callous.

More things that made it a hairy night. I reached into the bag of Trader Joe's veggie and flaxseed chips and pulled one out and a hair came with it. When I reported it to Michael he said he had had a hair in his grilled cheese sandwich I made for him. Hmmm... things are suspicious around here.

I was absolutely bored today at work. I organized files. Tomorrow if it is so slow I am going to write the report on what is supposed to be the BIG PROJECT for legals. What the report will say is that there is basically no conclusion to the BIG PROJECT, but that I tried, I really tried.

I used some of my downtime at work today to make a list of projects I want to do or need to complete. It was amazingly long. Also it is almost time for a quarterly uberlist update. If y'all think I am list crazy you should go to Amber's blog and see what she needs to do just to get ready for this weekend! I don't know how she is going to sleep at all. I had my list on paper. I wish I would have remembered to bring it home so I could transfer it here.

First priorities are clean the closet in the purple room and get the room cleaned up before Hannah comes in April. If the closet is cleaned I can organize my craft and sewing stuff better. It will help me complete the rest of my projects more efficiently if I can get to my materials and supplies easily. I have decided I can't go to Heather's for Easter because I can't afford to drive up twice in one weekend so on Sunday my goal is the closet and a big pot of spaghetti sauce! Saturday is the Women Inspire Luna Music Fest so I will be volunteering for half the day. I am trying to not make too lofty/listy of goals for Saturday so I don't get too worn out, probably just trash to the dump and exercise.

Happy today for: Well, still really happy for Nikki's extra umbrella AND one of my coworkers at one of our other newspapers knewI had a grumpy morning yesterday and sent a bag of Hershey's miniatures by the courier for me! Isn't that about the nicest thing ever!? I am making sure to share them so I don't eat them all.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm plugging away if you need to know... My mom comes home tonight from Katie's- I'm going to pull a 'most of the nighter' it's starting to look like. But I'm making Ashley do laundry (hey- she's getting points!) and all the kids are going to pack their own stuff under supervision. Then tomorrow I'm making them all clean like the servants they are. Woo!

(Um, hairy days are gross when they include hair in food).

Biggest reason not to vote for McCain is the war- plus going to war with Iran is not smart- but apparently is in his plan. GO OBAMA!