CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I did take a nap

but I did some stuff too. I watched "The Holiday." I realized I really like Kate Winslet. I read some more of my book. I washed some dishes. Now I have to find a place to keep the wine glasses. I have done some laundry and dealt with a couple of clutter spots. No big projects, but little things that I will feel good about.

I need to remember that resting when I need it is part of what I am trying to learn about caring for myself and maybe this weekend is just one of those weekends. It just kind of scares me because with class starting I lose two nights a week and it really seems like a lot when it is happening. I need to keep having positive thoughts about the investment in my future and how Michael will just have to take up the slack and wash his own stupid dishes. He knows he gets away with little in the dish department and he will help if called upon.

Happy today for: those bagged, prepared baby carrots. It sure makes eating vegetables a lot easier on a lazy day. (Is that better than talking about roadkill?) :)

2 comments:

Ann said...

OK, when I first read that "baby prepared carrots" I thought of baby food carrots, (you know, the pureed stuff in a jar) and I thought, "Damn, Hope, go back to talking about road kill, please..."

Tee hee.

Deb said...

Anything's better than road kill, i.e., baby carrots. That is, unless you grabbed them off of the road kill when they were returning home from the market.

:D