CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

A lot to do:

Make cheesecake crust
Clean up thereafter
have snack
take meds
do nightly pick up ten things in room

Okay it's not really a lot, but I am tired. I woke up with a headache today and took medicine first thing this morning, but it didn't feel like it kicked in until lunch. I had planned to pay a couple of bills on lunch and then realized I had no checks with me. I ran home to get checks to at least pay one bill so ate already paid for lunch while here, then when I went to pay the one bill I had time left to pay there was literally a LINE OUT THE DOOR - cable company and we just switched from Insight to Comcast. I stood in line for ten minutes and it didn't advance at all so I went back to work defeated and frustrated. I did manage to finally set up to pay it online and got it paid from work. Sigh.... At least I felt better physically by then or I wouldn't have been able to take it mentally. I also managed to walk a couple of laps this afternoon, which is about a mile, so got in a little movement, despite the headache.

SO - while Michael was at bike project instead of going to the Y and exercising a full routine, I had to go pay the car insurance because it was past due and tomorrow is class AND I needed to go pick up some medicine because I didn't realize I was out until I was loading my pills for th week last night and I only had one left for tomorrow and it is the diuretic which I can't do without for ONE day or it has terrible effects... AND I needed to buy a cake box for the cheesecake anyway, so I have been running around like crazy all day is the theme of all this rambling... and when we got home a little while ago I lay down and read one chapter of my current trashy novel, then worked for fifteen minutes on dishes so I have a clean place ot prepare said cheesecake crust, then came in here and did this...

Tomorrow I am going to wake up and bake rest of cheesecake, then go see nurse practitioner, then go to work late. Last time I talked to Tamyra RE: cheesecake she had no reservations for the fundraiser for Gretchen (poor Gretchen!) so I decided if it doesn't pan out I will take said cheesecake to Rachael's cafe as sample for baking there. I do hope the fund raiser works out though. I really like Gretchen and think she could be a viable candidate, but it takes LOTS of money to campaign and she is running against an incumbent with backers and moolah already. Sigh. I wish I had money to give.

I was tempted to steal today: I really like red potatoes best. They were $3.99 for five pounds, white potatoes were $3.99 for ten pounds. Even though we don't eat THAT many potatoes we usually use up ten pounds without losing too many to spoilage, certainly not five pounds worth, so it is a better bargain. Then when I took my stuff out to the parking lot and returned my cart to the cart corral, somebody had left a bag of red potatoes in a cart. I was VERY tempted to take them. I didn't for two reasons. One, honesty, they weren't mine. Two - then I would have had fifteen pounds of potatoes, and that IS too many! Michael said he would have taken them, that because they were food the store people would have had to throw them away when they found them. I said what if it just happened five minutes ago and the person realized and then came back and their potatoes were gone? What do you think?

Happy today for: even though my lunch hour was really frustrating I was in the car at just the right time to hear right in a row "Fast Car" and "No Rain." Probably two of my favorite songs ever, and it really helped me feel better right before I went back into work. I hadn't been able to listen to music today because when I have a headache my headphones might as well have a hot iron pole going through my head ear to ear if I try to listen to music!

Editing to add - weight this morning was 216.0, I think. I don't remember exactly, but I remember feeling relieved and not so nervous. I'll be especially glad when it gets back down under the 215, though.

No comments: