CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Unusual...

So on campus I saw a guy in a gorilla suit and a guy in a banana suit walking along, but what I thought was really unusual was that the guy in the banana suit was drinking out of a bottle of hot sauce. I had to comment on it and he replied, "I'm a Mexican banana!." So of course the response is, "Then you MUST be a Chiquita!"

Yesterday I got an email from Gail, a Women Inspire member who is working to promote a U.S. Department of Peace. She is also campaigning actively for Gretchen Clearwater, who is in the first stages of running for congress in our district. Listed below, she says, please take note of fund raiser dinners taking place in April for Gretchen's campaign...which take place at a certain cafe I have mentioned before. Lo and behold, on ONE menu is lemon cheesecake with raspberry sauce, and on another is chocolate cheesecake. Have I been ASKED yet if I will sell or donate said cheesecakes? NO!! Yet an email has been distributed to a mailing list with them on the menu! TODAY I received an email from Tamyra about ordering cheesecakes in April. April is like ONE WEEK away and the first dinner that had cheesecake on the menu is the day after I have a class... I am supposed to call Tamyra tonight to discuss. We never have solved my problem of unlicensed kitchen. I wonder if it is for a non-profit fundraiser if it counts, because I donate stuff to orchestra events all the time, yet if she is selling it in her food establishment what are the laws?

I might even be willing to donate at least the time for Gretchen's campaign. I have talked to her a lot and really like her. So maybe I would charge Tamyra at cost for ingredients and then be able to eat the rest of the dinner for free or something because the dinner is suggested $50 donation. I am still pretty pissed at my food being put on the menu without it being finalized, especially when I had talked to Tamyra about if I would be able to use her licensed kitchen to bake etc. This could be a great opportunity to get my name and taste out there for some further opportunity, but not if it is not done well or I am not ready for it. I spoke to someone about rented kitchen space in their licensed kitchen and she said I would have to get my "Serv-Safe" certification first. I am not ready to do that until I finish my current Life Sciences classes and budget for the expense. Rant. Rant. I have to be calm by the time I talk to Tamyra so I can be all business-like and mature.

Weight this morning was 215.0. I ate like a pig today, including two diet sodas and fast food. I bet it will be up tomorrow. I also still need to have a bedtime snack to take my medicine. If I do hit that 214.8 tomorrow morning I will probably come in here and post at 6:30 a.m.!

Well, I still need to go have said snack, start a load of laundry, change for bed, warm my freezing feet and probably do some other crappy housework too.

Happy today for: well said banana story was really amusing, AND AND on the same day it rained half inch chucnks of ice for about three minutes I saw an actual BLOOMING bright purple crocus. Whoopee!!!!!!! Oh! AND I finished my Big Report at work. Boring as hell, but I might post it here, just to show that I do actual work at my job (sometimes).

No comments: