CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

And now for something completely different!

I had a restful day. I slept VERY late while Heather went to work, then took my time getting ready, read a lot of a new novel, "Expensive People" by Joyce Carol Oates, took myself out to lunch, shopped at Dollar Tree and bought NOTHING. Went to Trader Joe's and bought organic, whole food for hippie boy and myself. Then I met Heather as she got off work and we went to her music fraternity's fund-raising recital. It was a cellist/harpist combo, a flautist, then a guy who played the Bayan - -kind of a balkan accordian, which I imagined would be horrible and dreaded, but was actually good, although I admit to sleeping through most of his performance. Afterward I was mostly anti-social while Heather worked the reception, then she took me out to Don Pablo's for dinner where I ate too many chicken enchiladas, but thoroughly enjoyed them.

Tomorrow is catch up on house day, exercise day and I hope to rest and do some crafty stuff and reading too. Nikki wants to work out so maybe we will hit the Y together. Then all the guys will watch us and I can pretend they are looking at me. Remember my curse of beautiful friends? Yeah, Nikki is not only beautiful. She is also only twenty four years old. And she is probably the most beautiful of the beautiful, too. Sigh...

Heather and I went to Meijer last night and I bought WINE GLASSES. Everybody brings wine when they come to my house and always ends up drinking out of juice glasses and tumblers, I swear sippy cups are the closest thing I had to the right size. Well at Meijer they had some cheap wine glasses that usually sell for $6.00 for 4, but it was a bonus pack of 6, then all glassware was 25% off, so woo hoo. So they are super cheap wine glasses, but the real thing.... Do you know you can buy like twelve different kinds of wine glasses? There are special shapes for each kind of wine. Because I bought the cheap ones, they are not special, they are just called balloons, I think - so generic... Fine with me. I don't know anything about the wine and never drink it anyway! Every time I have tasted it I never like it and think, hmmm... if I am going to have extra carbs and calories, I want it to be chocolate!

Happy today for: My car turned over 160,000 miles on the way home. I LOVE seeing all those nines lined up and then watching it flip over to the new zeroes. It's just fun and cool. I hope this car lasts until 200,000. That will be a big day. When it gets close. We will go on a special drive and eat chocolate ice cream or something in celebration.

No comments: