CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Miracles happen

I spent an hour this afternoon walking a seventy-five pound English Pit bull around the park. I said if anybody who knows me drives by this street and realizes this is me there is going to be a car crash! Porter is actually a very nice dog. When a child approached and wanted to pet the dogs, she started with the cute little one who wanted to jump all over her, and I said, "this big, scary-looking one is actually the one you should pet." Porter sat and held completely still while the obnoxious little waif (it turned out) petted him AND never barked or anything when her mothers let her start throwing sticks at the dogs - ahem for parents not thinking about their children's behavior around strange, seventy-five pound pitbulls, even though they have been said to be nice and are on tightly held choke chains!

Never made it to the quilt show, the dog walk trumped it. The dishes are done, one load of laundry complete, two in process, a book shopping at Salvation Army store complete, dump run done, lots of decluttering and putting away complete... and now second strange thing....

I deplore violence and even movie violence when I know it is fake, have to close my eyes. I am going to my friend Stephanie's house to a party to watch "Ultimate Fighting" It's her husband's party, but she REALLY wants me to come, so much that she came over today and invited me a second time in person to reinforce the invite. So I am going to gather together Stephanie's booze that has been in my fridge since LABOR DAY and take it back over to her house for her party and attend a sports event totally focused on violence... at least for a little while. I probably won't really watch, but will at least a little to see what it is.

Happy today for: A $60.00 rebate check in the mail that makes me feel better for the week, financially! A nice pitbull to walk me in the park. That the cellphone I found in the park is the same brand as mine so I can charge it up and maybe find its owner.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for money!

I don't let my children pet dogs I don't 'know'. (Well- with the exception of hospital dogs apparently). I'm even leery of dogs I do 'know'. I find dog owners generally underestimate their dogs ability to be patient with children (actually I often underestimate MY ability to be patient with children as well).

Deb said...

Your good samaritan duties are now done for the year: walking a dog, finding and planning to return a cell phone.

Eyeballs popping at the throwing sticks at a dog scenario: I wonder the little one thought she was playing fetch, but doing it backwards.

Hope said...

Yes, she did say fetch... but her moms were not watching closely enough. I was really surprised that they trusted when I had told them that it was not my dog and that it was the first time I had walked him. I finally got their attention back to their child and got Porter away. I trust Porter, but he is so big and strong it made me nervous... what if she hit him in the eye or something? If he were really hurt he would have to react, I think.

Deb said...

This lover of dogs and of children edited out thoughts about the Moms before commenting above. ;)