CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday is a special day

it's the day we get ready for Friday.

I have to pack a bag to be ready for tomorrow. I am going to drive Michael to his dad's and then stay at Heather's to attend a recital on Saturday. I usually don't get a lunch on Friday because I am so busy at work and we need to leave pretty darn quickly after I get off.

It was warm here today. I loved it. I wore sandals to work even though I am supposed to wear my goodformyfeetshoes alll the time. I just had to paint my toenails pretty and celebrate for one day. It will probably be too cold again by tomorrow so I won't be tempted again.

My return to work was more frustrating than usual. Usually a certain amount of my work gets done, but not the follow up paperwork and I am cool with that. This time, even that certain amount of work did not get done. The person who usually does it had the best of intentions so she had forwarded my emails to herself, printed some out, half completed some, sent some back, etc... so I had to spend extra time figuring out what was done and what wasn't,what had to be done right away, what had the earliest deadlines and really trying to be methodical and organized without getting too frustrated. It was a little stressful. I needed chocolate badly by about 3:00. Christie brought me a nice, portion-controlled chocolate pudding cup, which was better than the king-size Snickers bar I was tempted to get from the machine!

Michael had cello, then I took him out to eat, even though it is not frugal, because I was still feeling the burn from work. We went Japanese. He got the eel that comes in a cool treasure chest. I got the vegetable tempura - cheap and no tentacles, antenna or suction cups involved.

Happy today for: chocolate pudding. postcards, gel pens.

No comments: