CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Survived.

I am anxiously awaiting Michael's return from his dad's. The big event here to day was dinner. We haven't opened any gifts yet or anything because of Michael's absence. Also I have a birthday gift for Michael I am anxious to give him. We had some conflict here today. I know everybody blames me for being too uptight or whatever, but that's the way it goes. Heather told me I behaved like a five year old. It pisses me off, however, that it is my house and then my guests seem to think they get to say what we have for dinner etc. I said I didn't want turkey, don't bring the turkey, I want to have ham. Then they all want to start cooking turkey. WTF? No. It's my freaking house! Also tomorrow it will probably be a conflict because I promised Michael vegetarian food and I am making lasagna. Heather hates lasagna and I had to hear a diatribe about the church party this week and how they had lasagna and it made her want to vomit. But you know what? My son was gone during his birthday and Christmas day and he gets something he wants and enjoys. So there. There are plenty of leftovers of ham and other stuff AND I said I would cook turkey on Saturday. We have a ridiculous amount of food around here for poor people and it's just insane.

Speaking of ridiculous food. I am going to bake gingerbread with lemon sauce so that when Michael gets home we can eat it and he can open his birthday present.

Happy today for: I really am happy for my family, despite the conflict. I am also happy for Ativan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, my friend! Have a great night, and a delicious lasagna tomorrow! :)

Jennifer