CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Must. Go. Read.

Uberlist goal to read 35 books this year and I am on number 35! I just started it today. I have to read a lot tonight so I don't have to read at Gillian's party tomorrow. I am reading Choclat - I think Joann Harris is the author. I have seen the movie (Oooh Johnny Depp!), but never read the book. It is a great read so far.

I have also made a batch of cookies and still need to make a cheese ball. Cheese ball is better made the night before so the flavors blend well.

Ummm.. Dad is in hospital - maybe another heart attack, but not too bad, I guess. Mom said he was sitting up and eating and complaining about the food, so that's a good sign.

Happy today for an extremely busy and productive day at work. I really felt like I earned my living and did good work for my company and my customers. Even though there are some bad things about my job, it is good days like today that make me appreciate it for more than the paycheck and the insurance. Also Michael cleaned out the garage so I can park in there, even though he didn't feel that well. No more scraping windows!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope all is well. Why the #35 books to read? I can't get through one. too easily distracted. Maybe if I read more, I'd do better in scrabble..oh wait...I'm still kicking your ASS!

Deb said...

That your Dad is being allowed food (no matter how bad) may be a positive sign.

Lighting a candle and staying tuned...

Deb