CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday...

I am tired so I probably won't write much.

I had just settled in for a long winter's nap last night around midnight and the phone rang. Heather and Emily had made a late night run to the evil empire. They hit a pothole on the way back and it burst the tire. They made it to the parking lot of the trail near our house. I wrote a note that we would come get the car in the morning to leave in the window so it wouldn't get towed and went and picked them up.

So this morning I spent my time trying to get Heather's tire changed - her lug wrench sucked so bad we couldn't do it, even with me JUMPING on it and I weigh over 200 pounds. Michael and I went home to look for better tools and while we were gone a lovely man with the right kind of tools came and did it. YAY for guys with pickup trucks with big, well-equipped aluminum tool boxes! I had inwardly wished that would happen so when I drove up I told him he was a dream come true!

Then I took Heather over to the car fixy place so they could see if she could drive it, etc. They said if they moved the donut spare to the back she would make it back to Indy so they did and she did.

I spent the rest of the day cooking a turkey dinner. Heather had really wanted turkey for Christmas but I did NOT so I offered it on an alternate day. It was supposed to be yesterday, but then we gave in to the urge for Chinese instead. Dinner was nice. I didn't get enough help in preparation. Emily did some and I appreciated that. I was a little resentful and probably passive aggressive about it. I was verbal in asking for help with cleanup, however. Michael did most of the cooking dishes and Heather picked the turkey and packed up the meat, which I don't like to do, so that was nice.

The bad thing is that I didn't get the stuff complete today that I hoped to do. I had some gifts I wanted to wrap, finish my Christmas letters, bake some cookies for hopeless crush and for Will... Now all that is not done. I did get my sheets changed and a lot of laundry done because I could work on it in fits and spurts.

I guess I will just have to take the rest as it goes. I guess first priority is to finish the Christmas letters because it was on my uberlist to mail them before the end of the year. I am going to do the final few TOMORROW and get them in the mail. After the mailed ones are done I will post on here. Then if any of my readers are some of the few for whom I have old addresses or have inadvertently left out or something can read my witty and newsy holiday epistle!

Despite all my complaining, I really am happy for some things today!

Happy today for: watching another movie with Emily. We watched the German movie "The Counterfeiters." It was good. I have a difficult time with Holocaust films sometimes, but I was okay tonight. Watching a movie is really a restful activity for me. I still insisted on a couple of breaks to switch laundry, make the bed, finish the dishes, and stuff like that, but honestly, I feel calm while I am watching. Calm for me = Good thing.

2 comments:

Deb said...

All that in one day?! Are Indiana days longer than California days: oops, just remembered you're not old like me. :D

Hope said...

I sure feel old - and grumpy too!