CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Half the day is gone.

I awoke at 6:43 with a BIG HEADACHE. I took two pain pills, turned the TV on to "Gunsmoke" and went back to sleep for a couple more hours. The HEADACHE was still there when I woke up the second time. I took a long, steamy shower and it seemed to help a little bit today. I got dressed in real clothes, deciding to fake it because I wanted to go to church. So I ate a little breakfast, finished getting ready, set some stuff out on the porch for a Freecycler to take, made Michael get loaded up, dropped him at Skylar's and went to church. Oh, I also took another double dose of pain pills AND the magic cough syrup before we left. So church was AMAZING AND WONDERFUL. Great, rollicking Gospel Christmas music. I enjoyed it and just sat and listened and loved. Even through the narcotics the hand clapping all sounded like tiny explosions... especially in the left ear, the one with the infection. Probably the narcotics were the only thing that made the hand clapping bearable.

So now I am home, it is after 1:00 and probably as soon as I get settled in and comfy Michael will call and say he is done, can I come pick him up, oh and then he will need a ride to bike project because the bike is broken and he needs to fix it to ride to school tomorrow. It would be smart of me to load the bike on the car before I go, but I feel so crappy that I don't know if I can lift it onto the rack. I think the fixed gear has a heavier frame than the Peugeot road bike. It looks a lot sturdier...Then I would also be responsible for carrying the cello in the house when I got back home because it is too precious to leave out in the cold. Every time I carry it in the house I somehow manage to bump it into the door frame. It sounds easier to make the extra time and driving to go get Michael, bring him home, make him do all the carrying and lifting and then he can ride home from Bike Project afterward. I wish he had enough tools to work more on his bikes here.

One of the things he asked for when I asked about Christmas/ birthday is a new "bike tool." So yeah, if it's under $20.00 I am going to get it. It will save me driving when the stupid bikes break. I think he is a good bike builder/ mechanic, but some of these things you just can't work out until you ride it a few times and give it a real test before you know it needs more adjusting/fixing.

I need to complete a few household tasks today and I would sure like to work on my holiday stuff and crafts, but I don't know if I have the oomph with my head like this again/still. Even the movie I have to watch is "Patton." Three hours of war, doesn't sound very restful, no matter how amazing the character exploration and the acting are supposed to be.

I am tempted to make a list today, but guess what! I think today I am going to have to say, just "Go with the flow." If things get done, they do, if they don't they don't. I can feel like I have accomplished enough by getting something out of the garage and into the hands of a Freecycler and attending church and hearing all that amazing music. Oh and I was also inspired that I need to ask Rev. Breeden where to refer a gentleman who wrote to the classifieds from prison and wants a personal ad for a penpal but we don't do those. Rev. Breeden works with prisoners at a nearby facility and might know of a program to help them once they get released to get back into the community, which this guy says is within the next few months. So I plan to email Bill today or tomorrow and get info for this guy.

I think I am going to lie down for a while and await Michael's phone call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lie down, sounds like a good idea..?