CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

More complaints.

I came home from work early. I felt so bad that when Gill asked me if I had a headache I cried. I really needed to get medicine and a heating pad, though, so I went to the evil empire after I left. I decided while I was there I might as well get everything on the list. I had $109 in my account and I spent $103.

Then I went to the tire place because the car is still making funny noises when I go around curves. A different guy was at the counter and he said it's not tires without even looking. I KNOW the usual counter guy would have at least checked. The new guy sent me across the street to some other place. The guy there said he couldn't even look at it until Saturday. I have to drive on the highway tomorrow to go get Emily. So I took my car to the place where Katie had just taken her car and instead of telling her she needed a new head gasket for $1000 he told her it's barely leaking and to go get a can of Head Gasket sealer from the auto parts store and charged her $15. He can't look at my car until morning, so Katie is going to go with me to drop it off and take me to work. This guy said it probably IS the tires, that maybe a belt is broken inside and that's why I only hear the noise going around curves, because then the tires lean a little. He wants to look at it on the lift and drive it to make sure. After the Katie experience I trust him. They sell tires there also, so if it is tires, they have probably gained a new customer. I am disenchanted with my previous tire place after that guy didn't even look at the car. Also if the guy at the new place says it is something besides tires, I feel like I can trust him. Sigh... I wish I had money. Tomorrow is payday so I will get it fixed or get new tires, but basically anything that is not yet purchased for Christmas will stay unpurchased at this point. I at least paid the gas and electric and phone already and the water bill isn't due until the 29th, so I know we will be clean and warm and able to communicate a little longer! Also we did grocery shopping already and I finished up with my $103 at Wal-mart, buying the stuff we couldn't buy more cheaply at Aldi.

I am happy today, though for something - can you believe it? I just completed one project for Christmas that I have been trying to get done for a long time. YAY! Now I just need to wrap it.

I still feel like crap. Lying down SOUNDS like a good idea, but it make the pressure in my sinuses worse. I have to choose between babying my hip or my head. Right now the head is winning. Sitting up is better for it. Owies in any case.

No comments: