CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I got off work around 1:30 and went to the store to pick up a few last things. It was extremely busy of course. I was pretty calm and just stayed in my little world and shopped for what I wanted. The lines were long, but I didn't mind at all, EXCEPT I hadn't eaten much and nothing since about 8:30 so I was starting to feel a little shaky. I made it out and all the way to the car at the far end of the parking lot. By the time I got home I had to eat quickly or I was in danger, Will Robinson!

I came home and ate and poor Katie had a blowup with her dad her brothers. They basically did a family Christmas dinner out without her and without trying to find her. It really, really hurt her feelings. She has left now and is up in Indy with her brother Jon. Half of me wants to call and invite them down tomorrow. I am worried about having Jon all day, though. He is schizophrenic and I am honestly frightened of trying to be with him for a long period of time. I don't think he's dangerous or anything, but he has had delusional times. I know that Schiz is different than Bi-Polar, but I am worried that I am just not able to cope emotionally with it. I have a hard enough time dealing with my family without added stress so maybe this is one time where I am going to have to make a boundary and not invite when I am probably not really able to deal well with it.

I have already invited Pat if he is not able to get up to his family. He probably won't come to dinner, but if we do go out to a movie or something he may do that. If he does come to dinner I think the dynamics would be better without Katie and Jon. Katie doesn't tolerate Pat's know-it-all talking very well, whereas I am able to just let it flow right over me and love him despite his Republican self. There are a couple of people I am able to be that way with and Pat has moved into the ranks. When he first moved here I had a huge crush on him, then I couldn't stand him because of all the talking and now I just go with the flow and let him talk and appreciate his friendship for what it is.

UU on Christmas Eve was very nice. It was actually more "traditional" that The Open Door church where we have attended the last few years. They did the readings from Luke and sang many Carols. The other music was all very good. There was a number called "Joy" with writing credited to the Jonas Brothers. I pointed it out to Heather and laughed. It was actually my favorite song in the entire program. I am going to look and see if there's a Youtube of it or something so Y'all can hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK99aSJOUFs

At church it was a piano and a man singing baritone. Very lovely and simple arrangement.

Lovely.

Happy today for: getting off early, and oh my goodness, Emily just started this DVD of "Big Bang Theory" and it is hilarious. Now my dinner dishes will never get done!

3 comments:

Deb said...

May you all share an enjoyable day. My husband will be working so I'm off now to finish the eggs, potatoes and dressing for his turkey pack-along lunch. Don't rightly know the deviled eggs will survive the transit, but I'm giving it a try!

May you all feel blessed, and laugh together.

Merry Christmas to you Hopie, to your family and friends.

Love, Deb

Hope said...

You can devil the eggs and fill them and pack two halves together. You can't HEAP on the filling like we all like, but then they don't get all messed up.

Deb said...

Filled to their brim, they survived in their own miniature container, buttressed by amounts of strategically-placed lettuce leaves. He confessed to also eating the lettuce, oh, my!

Acknowledging one of my favorite Santas--Trader Joe's.

:D