CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Mellow

No fights with anyone today. We opened our stockings and gifts and then took turns cooking, napping, talking, watching things, computer time, etc. Michael rode his bike to the store to get a couple of things and Heather and Emily went out a little later for salads from Wendy's to go with the lasagna. The lasagna wasn't the best ever - we had a big squash on hand so I sliced it thinly and used it. I think it tasted a little too squashy. I'd rather have carrots and spinach, I think. Part of what we are trying to do, however, is use in-season veggies and what we have on hand as much as possible.

Now we are getting ready to go out, Michael is practicing his cello, Mom and Dad are reading their new Christmas books. Tomorrow is the compromise turkey dinner, but I told everybody they have to eat LOTS of leftovers the rest of the day. I am not cooking until some of the leftovers are gone!

Happy today for good stocking stuffers. I got a business card portfolio and just cleaned out my purse and filed all the cards. I meet so many people at networking events, classes and women's meetings, it was really a necessary thing.

Later!

No comments: