CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ouch! Also Fried Food Fiesta

So today was my day off work. I took it on purpose to have some time alone before Emily returns home and the house is full, etc. Well, we had a lot of freezing rain last night. Michael had no school and Katie had no nannying. I also still don't really feel well, so either my problems were all viral in the first place or I need another round of antibiotics.

I wanted to work really well on the house, spend time reading, work on Christmas craft projects and sort of do my weekend thing, but with Christmas and solitude being the main foci.

Katie's car has been broken and she needed to go take it to a different place where they would repair it more cheaply and Michael wanted to go work on his bike. Also I said I could be convinced to go out if we went to the store... So we went out to do the errands and when we got back and I was carrying groceries I fell in the driveway. I landed on my left hip and arm which is my "bad" hip and the elbow I broke a couple of years ago and still has residual pain already. It hurt so bad. I lay on the ice and cried for maybe five minutes before I could even think about getting up. Finally I was able to get up with Michael's help and come in. I made them put the groceries away... but here's one of my irritable bitchy things. This morning I cleaned the table off completely so it looked so nice and UNCLUTTERED out there. Even though they supposedly put away the groceries there are still two bottles of salad dressing, ketchup, the "garage" stuff, I think the shopping bags too, still on the table. So for it to be really clean, again I either have to nag and ask them to do it or do it myself. The message everybody seems to get if I nag/ ask is "Nobody can ever do anything to my standards and you all suck and may as well not help." Or if I do it myself the message is. "It's okay to do everything half-assed and I will always come clean up after you." I lose either way if I want a nice, uncluttered table.

We did have fun with lunch. Michael, who usually only eats healthy food, with the exception of ice cream (but because he actually NEEDS to consume more calories, it's okay), wanted fried food for lunch. My family always used to make fried "donuts" from canned biscuits on snow days, and Michael really likes that.... then he also really likes onion rings. So we made, donuts, apple fritters, fried mushrooms, sweet potatoes and onion rings. My stomach even told me it was too much grease and I DO eat french fries and fast food! Michael also dipped some tofu slices in the batter and fried them. I'm uncertain of what the final call was on the deliciousness.

I finally took some Sudafed. As bad as my head has been I have been avoiding it, because it generally knocks me out. Michael reminded me that it didn't matter if I napped today... so after lunch I started watching a movie with Michael and then slept for a couple of hours.

Now they have left I asked Katie to take Michael down to the Bike Project so he could work on his bike. I said for two reasons, 1) I am afraid of the driveway now. 2) I still hurt pretty bad. She said she might go over to her house and weave so I can have some more alone time, but she doesn't really want to because she doesn't want to be alone. I said it was okay if she comes back, but I'm kind of hoping she goes for the weaving thing... If she does come back, she can come in here and play her game she plays online and I will just do my other stuff. I am posting now, however, in case she does come over here.

So it's been a mixed day. My biggest disappointment was losing my time alone. I also had kind of planned a clandestine lunch with a friend with more potential. I canceled that however, when everybody else ended up being home for the day. Missing out on that maybe made me a little bitchier and frustrated. I didn't even want to complain about it because like I said, "clandestine."

I am happy today for: the Sudafed and the two hour nap sans nightmares.

Now: pain pain go away... don't come back any other day! Oh - I had also planned to start doing the walking video again and trying to work back up. remember how I had done three days in a row, then decided I was too ill to continue? Now my fuckinng hip hurts too badly. It doesn't have a bruise, at least yet, but it really hurts a lot.

No comments: