CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The wedding.

It was quite nice. It was at the theatre for the Bloomington Playwright's Project and that was the theme all around. Act one was a re-enactment of how they met and it was very cute. Act two was the vows by the bride and groom and they were sweet. Act three was comments or speeches by the wedding party or families or guests, whoever wanted, and they were clever and touching. Then the officiator pronounced them married and it was over. The programs were like a playbill, even with "ads" on the back by those who did the hair, makeup, food etc. (sheesh! nothing about dress blinging!).

It started LATE, and right before it started Pat texted me telling me why he wasn't there with me which his problem is a BIG DEAL, but I will keep it private right now. So I left right after the ceremony for two reasons: to go call Pat and talk right away, AND because I hadn't eaten and I knew I wasn't going to be able to have cheese and crackers and artichoke dip and veggies and be satisfied. So I left and talked to Pat for a while and went and got REAL MEAT, then returned to the theatre after about an hour, hour and a half. Things had settled down and it was mostly to the start-cleaning-up stage. (stage, har!). So I played with the karaoke machine for a while and sang to everybody else around me as they worked. I also entertained some of the children by blowing up balloons for them to pop. I finally got off my arse and went to dry dishes in the kitchen/set workshop! So I stayed until 11:30 or midnight, helping.

When I got home I just entered my food on FitDay and went to bed and slept straight through the night for once! I am sitting here contemplating church, but thinking probably not. I should look at the site and see what the sermon is about today, maybe that will help me decide. I need to go to Indy to pick up Michael this afternoon AND I have a jacket I have to take to Heather so I have to find her at chcurch or go all the way up to her apartment and I just kind of feel like taking it easy. Church means putting on real clothes (kind of, I actually usually wear jeans), but at least getting dressed and ready soon, and I think I want more home time first. Because if I do go to church I will already be on the north side of town and I would just want to go from there...so I'll just see... maybe I'll return and report later.

If not, positive thoughts for today are on choosing carefully to do what feels right for ME and on picking Michael up so I know he will get home at a decent time and we will get some nice time to talk and be together in the car.

No comments: