CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bike Culture in Bloomington

http://showupalleycats.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=8

If you go to the above site there are videos of some of the guys doing bike tricks and other cool stuff. Michael now has a "fixed gear" bike (he made it!) which is the kind you use for some of those tricks...It terrifies me even though at the same time I think it's cool.
The video of the "Alley Cat poker run race" you can see Michael riding away in the crowd... he has the white helmet and a blue shirt. He is the one listed as finishing as number 10...

I'd say go down a few videos and watch the one in black and white. It's pretty cool. The shots through the circle sculpture with the riders behind it are very nice. The building in the background is our art museum which is a fantastic building deigned by architect I.M. Pei.
Adding: the one at the bottom called "Hidden Lakes of Moonshine" is a little faster moving and shows lots of cool and scary tricks. All the locations are in Bloomington and the shots where the riders are going down the hill are out by Lake Griffy where I like to hike.

Michael found out that GT (although they are not GT anymore, they're "High Ability") students can create a class for themselves. He is applying to make a class out of his work at Community Bike Project. There are certain requirements - have to have a mentor, keep a written log and journal, make a report... I hope it gets approved. That way he could continue in an activity he is already doing, but be able to do it with school time, so cut down on his time crunch. He is supposed to have an appointment with his counselor and the "High Ability Student Coordinator" next week to discuss the plan. I am really pleased with Michael. He thought this all up himself and went to the counselor and started setting it up. I was cynical when he first talked to me about it, but now I am really excited for him and hope it works out well.

It's 3:25 a.m. I was SO freaking tired. I fell asleep maybe a little after 10 and woke up about an hour ago. I took my nighttime meds and got a drink and I'm kind of hoping I start getting sleepy again soon.

No comments: