CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday again.

I have had a headache today and my sugar has been a little wonky and I have been queasy. Not fun. I was all ready to go to church, but decided that it wasn't smart to drive. Michael rode to the store and bought some Ginger ale for me which is a sick/ comfort food for me, plus helps keep my sugar up if I can't eat anything else. I was at 89 right when he got home so I drank one can of regular with sugar and then I ate some sweet potato fries and didn't throw up. I feel better now, but I probably really need some protein, honestly. I made the fries in the oven with just a little cooking spray, so really no added fat. I think I read it on one of Amber's blogs she's linked to...They were really good, plus lately I have been burning them every time I make them, I don't know why - inattention, I guess. I never used too much oil, anyway. maybe one tablespoon of canola, but every calorie saved helps, right?

We are going to Gillian's for dinner, so I don't have to cook a big dinner. I made some jello earlier so I am going to take that and I am going to make a bowl of tomato salad. Yum.

So I have had a very non-productive day as far as completing the weekend house stuff. That's just the way it goes sometimes. It's more important to rest right now. I really, really want to avoid a recurrence of last year's illnesses.

Oh - I did do one great thing which is made my guest list for the brunch and made the first half of the invitations and they are completely ready to mail. We are going to put them in the box on the way to Gill's and then I will be formally committed. I am happy to be initiating social contact with some women I would like to know better, as well as some with whom I am already friends. I decided to invite 20, expect 10 to be able to attend. That way I can cook pretty easily with a simple menu and seat everybody AND have enough dishes, except glasses. I only have a four cup coffeemaker. I might need to borrow a big one for this event. I think I will have: either quiches or breakfast casserole, a baked good, fruit or fruit salad, cottage cheese, and coffee and juices. I would like to serve mimosas, but I probably can't afford the champagne. I don't want to spend too much money.

So positive thoughts toward a pleasant evening with Gill and her children and looking forward to my brunch.

No comments: