CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blah...

I don't feel like doing anything. I think the cold has paralyzed me. I managed to get out and get to work and do the things I needed to all through the week. Now it is a heat wave of 22 degrees and I can't manage to even THINK about doing anything. I don't really need to go anywhere... I could take a dump run, but really I only have one bag of real trash and it's not maggot season so it can stay.

I don't even feel like washing dishes or laundry or regular maintenance, however. That can be a dangerous thing. I hate starting a new work week with a messy house. I turned the thermostat up to 60, hoping that a little more heat in here will help me get moving. I will definitely have to use the ten minute method today or I will not get anything accomplished.

So here's a list, but it will be very short.

Dishes,
Sweep floor in front room and hallway
change table cloth
Two loads of laundry
Read 50 pages
Make a nice dinner.
Organize the cabinet under the sink.

Michael is gone - he has a Science Olympiad event today. He WANTED to ride his bike because it is so "warm" outside. I forbade him riding the last two days this week and he was very angry with me about it. So I only got up at 4:45 to make sure it was above zero, then went back to bed and slept a LONG time.

I went out last night to Player's Pub. King Bee and the Stingers were playing blues and I wanted to support them, because they played at the fund raiser we did for the orchestra. Also I work with one of the Stinger's wives (Rita) and like her a lot. It was a pleasant evening. An older crowd goes to Player's Pub and I am more comfortable than when we go to Jake's. It's also kind of fun to be sitting with the musician's wives and girlfriends and the musicians come over during their breaks and stuff. I also saw lots of people I know... from Women Inspire, and people I worked with in banking and real estate and customers from the paper and just because I have been in town so long and stuff. It's really more my style than hanging out at the "dance club" where lots of the college kids go. The weird thing is that even though I "know" so many people I never really developed close relationships with them. Most of that time all of my social activities were with people from the church... so I have "Hi how are you?" relationships with these people, but not real friendships. It's kind of a mixture of being happy to see people I know and sadness and anxiety that for them to become real friendships I would have to take the initiative and try to make them deeper relationships.

I talked to Loni a little bit about this last week. I am thinking of hosting a brunch for women on Valentine's Day, which is a Saturday. It would be a way to get to know some of them a little more intimately, have them into my home and do some good cooking for people too. I think maybe I should add that to my list today - Work up a guest list and decide evite or mailed invitations for brunch...

I did something similar when I I was starting to feel discombobulated at church. I hosted a breakfast and invited women... I felt like I was kind of feeling out to see if they were really friends or just friends because of circumstance... the "assigned" friends of visiting teaching, etc. I remember it as a pleasant time and I felt like I did do some discovery about some of the relationships I had there.

Okay. I am going to go my first 10 minutes. Sigh...

No comments: