CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Things I did so far:

Take a shower and get dressed (isn't it pitiful that it is a big enough item to put on a list?)
Pull out at least twenty more books and get them OUT
Farmer's Market
Opportunity House
Aldi
Grass mowed
One nice meal with Michael
Eat greasy fish
Dump/ recycling
Put gas in the car
Clean out the car a little bit

Actually took two showers, as I have to take one immediately after mowing grass or I would be ill.

Might count exercise if you count mowing the grass.


At the Farmer's Market I purchased some local honey - supposed to be good for allergies so Michael can use it in combo with his allegra. I also purchased tomato plants - three Romas and three Marmandes, French heirloom tomatoes. I usually get Big Boys or Better Boys for my big tomatoes, but we want to try canning sauce this year if we get a good crop and Romas are supposed to be good for that, and Michael is a little fascinated with the idea of heirloom tomatoes and the Marmandes seemed in their description close to Big Boy in flavor, etc. We can't actually plant for a little while because it might FREEZE again, so I hope I can keep them alive in their little trays inside that long.

Michael had orchestra contest this morning. I did not go because I am a bad mother. Now he is at a concert for MAYO - another orchestra a lot of his friends play in. He went wearing a shirt with holes and cut off jeans with strings hanging off. I asked, "do you think you should change clothes?" He replied, "It's a youth orchestra." I said, "but not necessarily a youth audience." So he went off with his friend's parents who are both professional musicians in his wholly unsuitable holey garb... he'll learn. Actually, Bloomington is quite casual about concert wear because of the university atmosphere, but I would have preferred at least jeans over the cutoffs.

I almost could not get the mower started tonight and had to try all my tricks several times and come in and take a mental health break once and then try again. It was really upsetting me. I am bitchy and hormonal (that's why I NEEDED greasy fish today), anyway and that was almost the crawl into bed with the heating pad point... finally one last really long spray with WD-40 and YAY it started!

So happy today for: WD 40. I can't remember if my brother Bobby told me this for sure oor not, but I'd like to think so. "If it moves and shouldn't, fix it with duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, fix it with WD-40." I also use 3 in one oil if the spray kind won't do. That reminds me. I think Michael said we need new duct tape. I have to remember that next time I'm at the evil empire.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm curious about the honey and how it helps allergies.

I remember my dad saying that more then once about the duct tape and wd-40.

My favorite duct tape quote is:
"Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and holds the universe together"

Also- I tried to call you the other day and both numbers I have for you didn't work.