CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just got home.

Partially because I have infinite patience as far as getting out of crowded parking lots. I just sat and read my book until the road was practically clear and then left. Also Sen. Obama started a little late, not NEAR as late as Mr. Clinton when he came which already makes me lean toward Obama, as punctuality is a sign of respect in my book.

It was a good speech. It was a fun atmosphere. It was a big crowd. It made me feel more positive toward Obama. I probably already was, anyway. The BAD part was that Representative Baron Hill introduced him and when Sen. Obama thanked him for the introduction he went on and on about what a good team he and Hill will make in Washington. Boo! I really would like Gretchen to beat Hill in the Primary. I know it's a slim chance for her to beat an incumbent who has so much money, but this probably really hurt her a lot, so sadness. I think her policies toward the war and the environment are much better than Hill's. I think if Obama were familiar with her he would think they are more in line with his desires too!

Niece Sarah called last night and she is coming to Indiana with children to visit! YAY another niece visit! This one with twin girls 4? and new baby boy eight months whom I have not yet met. I am looking forward to it. She is a lot of fun. I told her she is welcome to use me as home base for whatever period of time. Husband is in Iraq, but will be stationed in Az when he gets back in July, so before she comes to Indiana she is going to get house in Texas ready to sell and put it on the market and just come here. Cool. I will have to actually vacuum this time so baby Jaxon doesn't eat all the junk off the floor! I may move computer out to living room for that period to make more room for them in here and so I can blog without worrying about bugging children, especially if she ends up thinking she might end up staying quite a while.

I have a raging headache from all the loud music and shouting and all that stuff. I already took the drugs with the narcotics. I think I need to have a snack and get to bed.

Happy today for: They bounced a couple of big beach balls during the waiting time for the speech. The guy next to me (who was a dead ringer for Garrison Keillor) was really into it. He was SO HAPPY that he got to hit it a couple of times. So it made me all happy for him that it came our way. I don't get really into that excited crowd stuff, but I like seeing other people really enjoy it.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Mister Clinton?

Hope said...

Yeah - when HE came, he was horribly late - like three hours. Hillary came last Friday, but it was kind of off my radar because she came in the afternoon while I was still at work and it wasn't even an option for me to pay attention because I was so busy. Friday is my super busy day.
When Bill came it was during the day so I couldn't go, but I paid attention on the blogs etc. about what was happening at least.