CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Steps

9000 steps yesterday.

9000 today and still going to do some work around the house so maybe a 10,000 day.

Nikki and I walked dogs last night. She took my picture with Porter so after she emails it to me you guys can see what he looks like and how BIG he is!

Tonight I walked while Michael had his cello lesson. It is SO much easier for me to be active when it is warm.

My feet are hurting a lot though. Gillian and I went to the shoe store on lunch that has "diabetic" shoes. the prices start at $170. Yeah, I won't be getting any of those soon. I will get a new pair of Nikes as soon as I can afford it. The problem with wearing the goodformyfeet shoes every day is that they wear out quickly.

Japan trip - Michael has been working very dedicatedly as a mechanic on the bikes. (This is separate from Community Bike Project) He has also been riding his bike (that he made at Community Bike Project - get it?) EVERY day, except when it was below zero degrees and I forbade it. I knew the bike team was going to the international competition in Japan, but didn't think there was a chance in hell Michael could go, figuring it would cost thousands of dollars. WELL, at the meeting the other night, which I attended with total resentment because it would interfere with the beginning of the Biggest Loser, I learned that Corporate Sponsors donate enough to cover the travel expenses and all the parents pay is some incidentals and food money. ending up in the $500 - $700 range. Economic Stimulus Check formerly slated for patio door - now slated for Japan trip. I figure this is a once in a lifetime chance - TWO WEEKS in Japan for less than a thousand dollars. That is less than I paid for Emily to travel to Hawaii with her orchestra for like five days.

I figure I can go without a new patio door another year. If I do get a higher paying job I will be able to do the patio door sooner. If I would decide to sell the house I will only be able to sell it to a flipper because nobody who has to get financing would be able to get it past an inspection, but if I decide to sell right now it would be to get enough to pay off the mortgage and have enough for apartment deposits and move because I would be avoiding foreclosure, not because I am looking for a huge profit.

So I made a deal with Michael that he pays the Passport application fee with his money he has saved for amplifying his cello and I will pay for the rest. He almost turned me down. He said he has been dreaming of amplifying his cello for so long and he just figured it out with Steve at the violin shop yesterday.... I was absolutely floored. I talked to Nikki about it last night while we walked and she said ask him "Are you fucking crazy?" I think when I put it like that he realized this is a once in a lifetime deal... We did the passport application today.

Weight was STILL 214.0 this morning. Sigh... I need a good poop!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Tried hard to not spit water at the screen, with laughter. Okay, in the event you need a good poop then you're likely 213 or under.

Deb :D

Anonymous said...

Ummm... tell him he better freakin' go to Japan, that MOST of his family hasn't even been out of the FREAKIN' COUNTRY!!!
Heather