CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Feeling good/bad

Great mentally.

Just realized however, after loading stuff in the car to take to dump/recycling/ bulky item day that I am pretty worn out. It must be from periodage because I have slept this week, including last night. I did end up staying up late talking to Heather as she awaited Hannah's arrival, but I slept late this morning. I have been working on the garage - for some reason I think I need to complete the garage or at least get it better to finish the closet in the purple room. Maybe bulky item day where you can get rid of items for free is spurring it, but for some reason I am also doing things like organizing canned goods... I guess just because I have really wanted to do that for a long time. All I really need to do is make space on the bookshelves to move the books out from the purple room formerly known as Emily's room but I am making it major. But anyway after Deb's caution to watch out and take care I am resting a little before I drive over and have to UNLOAD all this stuff. It would be quite embarrassing to pass out or something at the dump and quite gross to have to sit down on the ground if I felt it were imminent... I have been careful to drink a lot of water today and eat well and have checked my sugar because I have been so active. I think I will have some red meat when I get back. I have some little chopped steaks in the freezer. Maybe I should go somewhere and get a spinach salad and get some veggie iron too.

Notes on the garage:

I found two jars of home canned food somebody gave me dated 6/99. Yeah - getting rid of those. One I believe is deer chili.

Found a box of Jiffy muffin mix where a mouse/raccoon/opossum/ who knows what in my garage ate not only most of the mix, but also the box.

Finally going to get rid of a tire some lovely person dumped in our yard about two years ago - but I do have to pay $5.00 fee for it.

Culled out about another 10 books to get rid of. Still torn on a lot of the children's books, but starting to lean toward tossing the paperbacks, even if they are favorites. Heather said when she started to read "Sport" it had some kind of larvae in it. Maybe keeping books in the garage is not the best idea, but my house is so tiny and I don't want it cluttered. At least I know keeping my nice hardbacks inside is the right choice. I wonder if mothballs are a good idea?

No comments: