CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oh my Lord.

I get rid of what I consider major items or items that might not sell easily at Opportunity House through Freecycle. I had Book of Mormon Cassettes and a Gospel pictures kit so I posted it as "Mormon Paraphernalia." and listed what it was in the post. This woman replied that she really wanted it and what ward she is in. Then she sent another post saying, " I am LDS." Well, I kind of figured that, seeing as how you said what ward you are in. I replied with address and directions and that I would leave them on the porch in a bag with her name - common Freecycle protocol. She just called and said she is on her way. She reassured me again that she is a member of the church and that she would rather "a sister" get them than "somebody else." I just said, "umm, whatever, as long as you will use them." Uhhh... what does she think "somebody else" might do with cassette tapes of the Book of Mormon? Some evil deed? Goodness, it could even be a MISSIONARY OPPORTUNITY! Some curious person might think - gee I've always wanted to read that Book of Mormon those missionaries gave me, but it seemed too long and hard. Haha! Well, maybe I am saving some poor innocent by giving them to this loony! They are on the porch and I am definitely NOT answering if she knocks or rings the bell.

Happy today for:
Baby carnations. I found some yesterday at Kroger in mixed shades of purple that I have never seen before and they are so pretty! They were a little more expensive than the ones I usually buy, but I deserve it! They look really pretty now that I have my table all cleaned off. I put them in one of the really old canning jars that has the blue tint instead of a vase and it really sets them off.

No comments: