CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Real life

interfered with my TV habit. Michael's cello lesson was switched to tonight instead of Thursday and he walked to Gillian's to wait for me while I finished class. Then afterward I hung out for a while while he and Rebecca played chess so I missed "Biggest Loser" I will have to look online tomorrow and see what happened.

Only one more class on Thursday and I will be done!

Good health visit today. I have "permission" (I know it's my body and I always can) to leave out one morning pill and see how it affects my daytime sugar levels. They have been getting awful low sometimes. My morning levels are still often higher than what she wants so we may end up moving it to the evening, but I feel really positive about getting to my goal of getting off of some of this medicine! Blood pressure was 102/60! I feel like that's too low! No wonder I see stars if I turn my head quickly! She thinks it's great, though.

Happy today for: A good phlebotomist. He asked how my veins were and I replied, "two words: butterfly needle." (A pediatric size needle) and he said he couldn't use a butterfly needle because he had trouble with them, but he had another small kind of needle he would use. He did a GREAT job in my tiny vein, when I hadn't even really drunk enough water today and I don't even have a bruise. If you knew my history, you'd know this is MAJOR. I had a nine pound baby in two hours and the entire time I was freaked out about the IV - no kidding. When I was actually close to death and being hospitalized with a kidney infection, guess what - hysterical with the IV - they blew up every vein in my hand and ended up in my wrist after having to give me like an hour on the phone with Deanna to calm down. Surgery for uterine tumors; by then I realized the problem and had dr. give me MAJOR oral tranquilizer before hospital - I propositioned the anesthesiologist! So yeah - I practically propositioned this guy today I looked at him and said, "I just LOVE a good phlebotomist!" So he asked me if I knew how to spread my labia and cleanse them to provide a clean catch urine sample. Yeah - former kidney patient, I know, I know. (No he didn't really say that, but he did hand me the packet and ask if I was familiar with the procedure.)

1 comment:

Deb said...

This week's Biggest Loser was lovely but emotion, to me. Pretty much the few seasons I've watched get that way: this one more for the mother-daughter, brother-brother, mother-son, and friend component. Let me not spoil it, in case you're waiting until next Tuesday to catch up.