CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Lake Griffy!

I did my Lake Griffy walk for the first time this year tonight. YAY! There were a lot of trees down across the path since fall. It must have been a rough winter and spring. I had to scale a few logs. There were some noisy kids who kind of bothered me. They had notebooks and I caught a little of what they were saying and it sounded like they were supposed to be observing nature for a class. I wanted to tell them to SHUT UP. You can observe nature so much better if you are QUIET. If you know to listen for the woodpecker and follow the sound, then you will see it. If you know what a blue jay scolding you for walking in his woods sounds like you can find him. That rustling leaves can mean a noisy squirrel or maybe a deer - we think deer are quiet, but they're not. That if you're really quiet a snake might just slither right across the path... but instead tonight I got noisy teenagers. I walked pretty slowly after they passed me and I did see a blue jay and the small kind of woodpecker. I could hear the big red-headed one, but he was far away and I never did spot him. It was a nice time of evening. The peepers (frogs) were starting and I like that too.

YAY SPRING. YAY LAKE GRIFFY. YAY 12,000 steps today ( Also did three laps around the building at work).

Happy today for so many things to do with outside, obviously, but also: PAPER CLIPS. Did ever THINK what a wonderful device? I love paper clips. I use them every day. And you know what? TONS of them float around the office. You can find them to reuse over and over, BUT that is one of my funny things. I have to have VIRGIN paper clips. I can't have the used ones. If I run out of new ones, I must get a new box from the office supply drawer. It almost kills me that I do use used rubber bands from the post office. Who knows who has touched those nasty things without washing their hands? Ugh. Someday soon I will ask Pat to bring a bag of new rubber bands for me from circulation. Then I will be really happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think rubberbands are discusting! I say that at work all the time. We reuse them constantly. Plus, Debbie and most of the other people around here lick their fingers CONSTANTLY and then, TOUCH EVERYTHING! Makes me want to vomit.
Heather

Anonymous said...

Last night, not only did I walk before church, but our activity was yoga, with an actual instructor. It was HARD! I'm starting to hurt.
Heather