CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Who let the dogs out?

I had a very strange night. I was so physically tired that I went to bed and slept quickly with no meds (yay!). Then in the middle of the night - like 2am unspoken of before sometimes FWB called and asked if he could come over. I was like, " I am asleep. It's the middle of the night. Don't call like this again and expect ANYTHING out of me, ever!" He said he was sorry he had treated me disrespectfully and said he'd never do it again. Then he called again at 5:08 - let the phone ring once and then hung up. I have evidence on caller ID. I don't know what the heck he was doing last night or where the heck we was. I hope he didn't need help and I was mean. The second time he called I was going to answer because by then I was worried. I hope he didn't need a ride somewhere and a place to sleep it off. I would have been willing to offer that. I would do that for any of my friends anytime rather than have them endanger themselves or others.

This I don't know if it really happened or if it was a dream... It seems like it was real that around 6:30 Suzanne's dogs went crazy barking (there are SIX right now, the four regulars and two fosters, waiting to get puppy trained to Wisconsin). I heard a man yelling that he was tired of it and she'd better learn to keep them shut up or he was going to do something about it himself. I feel like I went out the front door to see who it was yelling at her, but couldn't see anybody. So I don't know if I dreamt the first part and the second part was real or if I dreamt the whole thing or the entire thing was real. She came out and talked to me a little bit today while I was working outside and didn't say anything about it.

So I had an odd night's sleep. I had a lot of trouble falling back to sleep after S. called. I watched (listened to, really) two or three episodes of Roseanne on TV land. It seems like they show it half the night now, at least at my waking times... I worked hard today, but I also took TWO naps.

I washed the white plastic chairs from the front porch, finished edging the other side of the driveway, did dishes, finished laundry, washed the table base from the porch, started painting it, washed the table top.... thought up a writing prompt for my HS Class group and wrote my own reply, talked to Katie, played computer games... read a bunch of "Under the Tuscan Sun," and probably more that I can't even remember. I plan to bake a banana cake tonight too! The butter is softening and the oven is pre-heating. I am also going to write a letter to Michael. They stay at the same hotel from Wednesday to Saturday, so I think if I mail a letter tomorrow it should catch him. Part of my shopping quest yesterday was to find a good luck monkey sticker to send him. I would like him to put it on his helmet, but he probably won't want to put it on his new helmet so it will probably go on his jersey instead.

I took a picture of a magnificent sample of Canada Thistle last night. I can't wait to share it with you, but I have to make other things higher priority. Maybe after I get the cake in the oven and Michael's letter done I will get a chance.

I've only eaten one real meal today too. I'd better eat something. I bought a grocery store rotisserie chicken Friday, but I am already tired of it. Maybe PBJ.

No comments: