CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 3, 2009

I know I should be in bed...

This is the King Thistle I dug up yesterday. This is what happens if you don't get all of that spiral tap root, which is nearly impossible. Notice how the top is only about two inches high and that root is probably 18 inches if it were straight. I should have measured it. I hope those little hairs on the end of the root mean I got all of this one. One down, fifteen thousand seven hundred fifty-two to go.
This is what I started with. Two layers of banana cake, from scratch, all natural ingredients, half whole-wheat flour.
Bottom layer on cake circle.
Cream cheese frosting and bananas added.
Top layer added.
Base coat of cream cheese frosting.
A little border on the bottom.
Marzipan bananas! I made them myself!

Top view.

I don't claim to be a cake decorator, although I am interested in it. Right now I am pushing Hope's Homemades as home-baked style baked goods, with wholesome, high-quality ingredients and locally obtained when possible. I have a chance to sell some products in the Local grower's guild CSA delivery as a value-added product people could special order for that week's produce delivery if they would like. I think it would have to be cookies or a bread product that does not need refrigerated. I am trying to decide if I can commit to it. I am having all kinds of mixed feelings about the business and my future.

Editing to add - my fear is that the moisture in the bananas will make the cake super soggy and it will slide apart. We'll see. I also need to read Amber's tutorial again on seal-coating a cake. I think part of my problem would be solved if I had made a thicker frosting - also if I had AC.

Now one more Facebook post, then a quick, relaxing warm shower and off to bed. I promise.

No comments: