CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Purging (plus a little more)

(Copy of a post to my super-secret weight loss support group)

No not THAT kind of purging. I mean getting rid of old clothes that are too big. It actually kind of frightens me. I put my elastic-waisted pants in the Opportunity House bag and that was the scariest. That means when it starts to get cold again I will have to go buy new pants to wear to work. When I got fat again I only let myself keep about three items of smaller size clothes. I told myself If I lose the weight I will deserve new clothes! I think it's true, but I worry about having enough money at the right time and the actual act of shopping. I usually go to Wal-mart or Target, find something on clearance that has a big 24W on it, buy it, bring it home, THEN try it on. If it doesn't fit I will return it later.

Tomorrow I have to buy a new bra. Gillian is coming with me for support (lol!) She says we are going to Macy's and they will fit me properly. I am afraid of a $40 bra instead of my $14 bra in a box from Walmart. I have been wearing sports bras as much as possible, but they often end up showing somewhere so I need at least one regular bra that fits well. I think the worst thing is that the size discrepancy between my boobs shows more now. The right boob is probably still a D and the left a C. More plastic surgery later. Sigh....

I'm probably going to make this my blog entry tonight too. I'll just sum it up with FEAR FEAR FEAR.

Hope

A little more. There are some guys at work who frequently use mean and sarcastic humor. One of them I have nicely asked before if he could cool it and explained that I feel like it really does hurt peoples' feelings when he says the things he says. He has responded with comments like, "Well they're big babies, then. They better toughen up. I don't care. It's the only kind of humor I know how to use...." Today I was having a fantastic day. I felt a little bad and irritable and had even emailed and asked Leah if I finished early if I could leave, but then I ended up accomplishing so much - even doing things like rearranging my desk so it is less crowded and making things fit together better, taking down some signs I have had posted too long, etc... I felt really, really good by then and I sang a line - one line - from a song. (I often sing at work). Chad says over the wall between us something like, "What is that screeching sound that's making my ears bleed?" I had to walk over to the printer over near him anyway and when I got there I looked right at him and said, "Chad you are mean, just a mean, mean person. I hope your son doesn't grow up to be like you or there will be another asshole in the world." Then I just walked back to my desk and tried to finish working. Somewhere in there my computer tool bars got messed up and I had to call Steve to help me get them back. I was crying and I was embarrassed. I wasn't crying so much over what Chad said, but the fact that I had said something so mean in retaliation. He THOUGHT he was making a joke. I was trying to be mean and hateful and I think I accomplished it. I am still stewing about the whole thing. I almost feel like I should apologize to him, but I don't want to. I have tried many times saying my thoughts about mean sarcasm. I also confess that I do it sometimes. I try no to, but it is often the atmosphere in the office and it is easy to slip into it. I think I'll just let it go, consider it purged, and go take it off my FB status now that I want Nikki to punch Chad in the face for me. He also used to do it to her all the time and she hated it and hated him for it.

No comments: