CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Yowsers.

I made my trip to the post office, then on to Target to return something. I decided to walk down and eat at Chick-Fil-A, having not had my weekly fix this week because of Michael's absence, therefore no cello lesson. I ate, including fries, then walked all around Sears for a while, which I haven't done for a long time, then walked back down to Target, all around the edges of the store and out. I walked maybe half an hour, total and about the last fifteen minutes was pretty brisk. I drove home, decided I felt a little wonky, so checked my sugar 75 , which is like a before meal number and must eat soon number for me. I poured some grape juice and my hands were shaking. I had thought I felt all sweaty while I was walking, but figured I was just getting good and aerobic. It didn't occur to me that my sugar could possibly be low after eating what was really too much food! And it was protein on whole grain bread, and the fries are potatoes, but usually when they are cooked in fat I am okay with them not spiking and dropping me. So it must have been the combination, or maybe my sugar was still on the way up.... I don't know. I ought to check it now. It's probably insanely high....yeah - now it's 141 after about 8 oz. of grape juice. That's not super-high. My post prandial (after eating - should be about 2 hours) goal is 120-140. I wonder if I ought to keep checking frequently today and make sure I'm not too wonky. I was thinking of driving out to McCormick's Creek and walking a trail, but now I am too nervous. I especially wouldn't want to do it alone and I couldn't think of anyone to ask. I considered Pat, but he usually runs instead of walks and I think my lack of speed would make him insane.

Debbie wants to go out to karaoke tonight and I'd like to go. I hope I am leveled out and don't get a headache or anything from this wierdness.

No comments: