CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Food Safety...

I learned lots of ways to kill people with foodborne illness and parasites. Ha! My children have been teasing me for many years about my hand washing thing. The number one way to prevent spreading foodborne illness is effective hand washing. So there. I am not sure how I did on the test. It had 90 questions and you have to get 75% to pass. Some of them were the temperature questions about which I worried... We'll see in 10 - 14 days, I guess. I stayed up until about 3:30 studying after sleeping most of the day with the headache. I set the alarm for 6:30, but left my light on and my door open so Michael would be sure to come in and talk to me and make sure I was awake. I made it to class AND stayed awake the entire time. The day after a migraine is always really difficult. I call it migraine "Hangover." I did suffer that today, but I tried to watch what I ate and made sure to drink a lot of water and I think that helps. So I made it through the day with no additional drugs.

They had this class at a facility that included lunch which was not diabetic friendly at all. There was a wonderful tossed salad so I ate a big plate of that. Then there were green beans, roasted red potatoes and white pasta with alfredo sauce, white rolls and various brownies. So for the hot stuff I ate half a plate of green beans and two of the red potatoes. A couple of the women who are also with my BKI project said they had to have protein and ordered hamburgers, plain. One of them shared hers with me and I think that helped me make it through the afternoon. I was actually afraid to eat so much salad and green beans after the bad stomach day with the puking migraine, but it all stayed down. I took a ginger ale with me and sipped it a little tiny bit at a time when my tummy did feel queasy for a while.

I still feel extremely tired and tomorrow is back to work with my back-up being off all the way through Thursday. I am not sure if I will get proper lunch times or anything like that. I will have to be sure to take walking breaks, but stay in the building so they can page me if they need to. This is one bad aspect of most of the call center moving to the Bedford office.

I haven't cleaned kitchen for days upon days, except one little load of dishes here and there. Michael was doing so much for Science Olympiad and also doing this HUGE general scholarship application that requires several mini essays and one large essay. Therefore, I have not made him a list last week or this week of tasks, just gently requested that he keep his own crap picked up. SO tonight I want to do another load of dishes and see if I can find some counter space so that tomorrow I can cook dinner. I also want to go to Menard's and get the new hardware I want for the patio door AND Michael thinks the quality of his life is reduced because we have been out of Kashi cereal for several days. He can't eat frosted shredded wheat because it has gelatin in it. Boo hoo! So he eats like three pieces of whole wheat toast for breakfast. I bet no teenage boy in the world eats as much fiber as Michael. No wonder his toilet overflowed a couple of weeks ago! :)

I wish Scrabble would work on Facebook. I was finally beating Amber in a game and now I can't get it to load! Frustration.

Positive thoughts today for good scholarship applications and good test results!

No comments: