CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A different kind of Saturday

Because Michael was home and he has been gone so often lately, either to his dad's or to a school activity. Also because he can't ride his bike because of his wrist so he depended on me for transportation.

I slept and enjoyed it, had a little brekkie, started one load of laundry and did one load of dishes (There are scads!), then took him downtown. I decided I would do some necessary stuff instead of coming home and just doing housework. The most exciting thing was that I went to the office supply store and bought equipment to start files for Hope's Homemades. I already have a few receipts that are business related and I want to keep really good track so I can deduct, especially in this year when it will probably all be investment and no income. I decided my method is to file monthly in a separate folder for expenses and income. I will staple each receipt to a piece of paper and notate what event or use the items were for. One of the reasons I am good at clerical work is because I actually enjoy paying attention to the small details and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! I was also pleased to see at the store that they have ready-made forms for orders and receipts etc, that I can purchase at a reasonable price when it is time. Although when we discussed start-up cost and expenses the other night in class I listed one of mine as a new computer and software. It may be that there is software to totally take care of that stuff. I just have to research and find out. So that was a kick for me. I feel so official, organized and businessy now!

I went to CVS pharmacy to blow the rest of a free gift card on something silly - I bought a smelly candle - but I also discovered stainless steel water bottles for $3.00. After I went to get Michael he liked it so much he said we should go back and buy more so we bought SIX total. He really needs good ones for when he hikes and rides AND they have caribiners on them so he could even clip them on when he climbs and I might be able to find a way to have one with me when I walk. Sometimes I don't drink enough when I walk the longer distances because I HATE carrying a water bottle with me. Heck I can tie one of these around my neck with a string.

I felt a little sad being away from home so much when usually on Saturdays I hang out and get the house all clean. I don't have to freak though because tomorrow is another day and Michael will be going to his dad's for spring break starting tomorrow night so I don't have to worry about cooking for him and all that. I feel a lot less stress to be Hope Homemaker when Hippie Boy is not here.

After we got home I did take a little of my usual Saturday nap. Alexander came over and he and Michael went for a long walk. Michael is worried that he'll gain weight if he can't ride his bike. Ummm, boy, didn't the doctor just tell us that you need some more weight? He's afraid if he gains from not exercising, however, that it will be fat and not the good weight he wants. He's so fit that it's scary. His pulse was 56 in the ER the other night- and that was with an injury in a stressful situation.

Well now I need to switch load number two to the dryer - I did finally start another load - and do my micro-goal on intentional movement because I rock. It's that simple.

Positive thoughts today are for when Michael is spending time at his dad's that it will be tolerable and maybe even strengthen some relationships for the better. Let's keep thinking that way. I told him even if it is his relationship with Liahona, the sister, that that is important and that she can see Michael as a kind person in her life and it will help her.

No comments: