CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bingo!

I just had an 83 point word in my Scrabble game with Amber. I can't wait for her to come back online and see it. She has kicked my butt 99.9% of the time we have played. Maybe 100%. I'm not sure.

I was SO exhausted after work tonight. It was definitely spaghetti night. When Michael said he wanted salad I could have cried. Usually I would have asked him to make it, but he had a really bad day too and is very stressed about the State Science Olympiad this weekend and an essay he has to write for a scholarship application. After we ate he worked on the application online and asked me the occasional question until I finally fell asleep and didn't wake up until 9:00 when he told me goodnight so he could go to bed! Now the dishes are still dirty and some of the food is even still out so I have to do SOMETHING before I can get back to bed.

I have been having mild leg cramps tonight which is a signal that my electrolytes are out of whack, which is ironic because I ate a banana today which I haven't done in forever. Maybe wanting that banana was my body telling me I needed the potassium and if I hadn't eaten it I wouldn't be saying "mild leg cramps" I would be saying excruciating leg cramps. I've been out of tomato juice a couple of days. I do have a couple of grapefruit, I need to make sure to eat one tomorrow. Citrus helps too. I am probably out of whack because I have been drinking much more water lately and my body will have to adjust to it. I am working on getting rid of the caffeine and soda, but not cold turkey. Lots of water instead.

So as to not stay up TOO much later I am going to go work for one of my 10 minute intervals. I hope to: switch some laundry to the dryer, put away all the food, change the trash bag, put away the clean dishes and get started on the dirty dishes. Ready, set. go!

I am back! I didn't start washing the dirties, but got the other stuff done. I did get my medicine and turn on the heater in my room so I can get to bed soon. I want to try to not stay up too late, even though I napped.

Michael told me today he wants me to go to Science Olympiad Saturday. Part of it is that he wants to come back to Blgtn afterward and almost everyone else wants to stay and watch the basketball team in THEIR state competition. Frankly, I really don't want to go. I used to go to every competition when he was in middle school and his freshman year. Last year I just lost my oomph for getting on a school bus at 5:00 in the morning and traveling across the state to mostly sit and be bored. When I kind of said that he wistfully (can a 17 year old boy really be wistful?) replied, "I used to really like it when you came all the time." How can a mom resist that? At least I won't have to go at 5:00 in the morning. I will drive up later so we will have the car and bring back Michael and Timothy. They must be the geekiest of the geeks if they don't want to watch the team in the state basketball finals in INDIANA!!! Michael also needs to complete that essay Sunday, AND he likes to go to bed at 9:00. I dread going to Indy when there will be so much going on. ugh. At least Michael is doing a couple of building events; bottle rockets and something robotic, I think. Those events are fun to watch. He won state in bottle rockets in either 8th or ninth grade. He's really good at it, but he told me today he's not too confident in their rocket. He is very confident that he and Alexander will win in the fossils event. When they were practicing identification in the IU geology dept this week, he corrected the grad student who was "coaching." I guess I shouldn't complain about the piles of "rocks" all over my porch!

So positive thoughts for a good rest of the week that will be restful, not too stressful and help us prepare or another busy weekend which we will execute with confidence, energy and FLAIR!

No comments: