CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

TMI or "Grape Juice Produces Purple Puke"

I woke up with a headache this morning. Bad, but couldn't tell for sure if it was just sinus or a true migraine. I heated up a can of soup for breakfast, then only ate the chicken and drank the broth because that's all that sounded good. I drank some grape juice because I was worried about not having any carbs. I took my regular morning medicine and went back to bed. About 1:00 or something I got back up and thought I'd better try to eat again. Checked my sugar and it was high so drank a big glass of water instead and took pain pills, finally. I decided to take a shower because it often helps my headaches. The water gave my stomach enough to finally perform reverse parastolysis effectively so I had one of the most interesting showers of my life. After that I called Debbie and she ran to the store and brought me some pretzels and ginger ale to I am on my sick day diet. I have been able to keep them down. I have slept most of the day waking only occasionally to try to eat or drink a little. I have tried to read my book and just fell back asleep.

My food safety class is tomorrow. I planned to read through the book, then read through the book and take notes to memorize all the stuff, then take all the practice tests and see how much more I need to do. Now I will be lucky to have read through the book one time. I am a little more than halfway done. I am not worried about the concepts. Most of the is common sense that I already know and practice anyway. It's the memorization of the different types of bacteria, viruses and parasites and the proper temperatures and times for cooling, heating etc. that I am worried about. I am not good at memorization. I am going to go to class and try no matter what because it's a non-refundable fee, so as long as I can open my eyes enough to see to drive I am there. And now I need to go try to study some more.

Positive thoughts toward getting to class and passing that test.

No comments: