CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Yesterday...

I went up to Indy and had Mexican food for lunch with Emily and Heather, who had decided to skip church. After lunch we went for a 45 minute walk at the State Park half of it was up a LLLOOONNNGG hill, but not too steep, still a good workout. Then we all drove over together to get Hippie Boy who was so happy to see us. Emily got a chance to say hi to her little sister there, which was nice for them. I sure Emily didn't like that seeing her dad and Sheri was part of THAT, but I am glad she wants to maintain a relationship with the little sister. I think it's important.

Poor Michael was really sad about the food he had to eat all week. His dad was supposed to take him to the dr. for a follow-up on the wrist and didn't do it, so I had to take time off work today and do it. He also has had pain when he pees, which is a VERY BAD THING in our family. When he went to the dr. in January and they performed $1200 worth of lab tests, they didn't do the long culture on the urine so they took more today, because our family history of the reflux and all the kidney ailments. She said, "We'll also check it for other infections." and I said, "Oh, he doesn't have VD, I already asked him and the possibility is zero, unless you really can get it from public toilets." She laughed, but she has known us pretty long so I am sure she wasn't too surprised that I would flat out ask him and didn't need the code "other infections" to keep me happy or not embarrass Michael. I'd much rather embarrass my children than not know what is going on with them! Anyway, you probably have to at least have a date first before you could get an STD, unless he's lying about all that time he says he spends at Science Olympiad. :)

I am anxious to watch John and Kate + Eight tonight. It looks like they have a fairly serious relationship issue. I hope that they are able to work it out, but the voyeur side of me can't wait to see it. I feel kind of guilty for being so curious. At the same time, I guess they are the ones who have made the choice to have their life filmed and broadcast on TV.

Michael is off to Bike Project. His fixed gear broke today so we dropped it off after the dr. appt and then he rode his road bike down. I hope he doesn't get the "fixie" repaired tonight because I want to watch that show. Am I a bad mother, or what? I think it is a complicated repair anyway AND he doesn't spend all his time working on his own bike. Because he is a long-time volunteer and such a good mechanic he helps the regular people who take in their own bikes or are working on the "Earn-A-Bike" program learn to work on their bikes, too.

I had a little headache today, but not too bad. Yesterday I didn't seem to have any blood sugar issues, but I didn't really test a lot either. I was 115 fasting this morning which is good for me. A lot of times I have the "dawn phenomenon" which is common to Type II diabetics, where if your sugar gets low in the night, your liver makes a sugar dump and then you wake up high. My weight has varied a lot lately, which is discouraging, but I really do think a lot of the variation has to do with fluid retention because even though my feet and ankles haven't been swollen a lot lately, my eyes have bags of fluid under them in the morning. Ugly and gross. I decided to measure my waist tonight, which I haven't done for a LONG time. I am going to set the goal to get under 35 inches, which is the danger size for women. I don't know if I'll be brave enough to post the inches here. I might be too embarrassed. I am also thinking of having Katie take a before shot of me, Biggest Loser style, showing the gut with the stretch marks and everything. Surely seeing some reality like that will be motivating!

Positive thoughts tonight toward continued healing and I feel the need to wish comfort for those who grieve, whatever the cause.

No comments: