CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's not broken...








... only sprained. Hippie Boy crashed into a railroad tie, flipped over the handlebars and landed mostly on his left wrist. The instinctive thing to say is, "It's good thing you're right-handed." Cellist - remember? Sigh. A few days break from cello and bicycling for him! This happened while I was in class. When I got home the bike was out and not in the garage, then as I walked down the hall I noticed the medicine box down, then walked into the purple room to find Michael icing his wrist. It was almost 8:30. I said, "Promptcare closes at 9:00, let's go NOW." When we got there, the sign on the door said 8:00.. Waahh... So we had to go to the hospital where it took two hours or so. No break, but the soft tissue damage is so bad it showed up on the x-rays.

Made two cheesecakes last night. Vanilla and mint. The vanilla was excellent. The mint I used real peppermint oil instead of flavoring. I was uncertain of the amount and it was a bit strong. So next time 1/2 tsp, not a full tsp. Both cakes got pretty good reviews. I took some to work and some to class.

Dad is out of hospital and feeling better. Lu felt better once they let her have coffee! That was probably the solution all along.

Now the healing thoughts need to be directed toward Michael's wrist, just add him to the list!

Positive thoughts toward all the healing necessary and also for me for selling a special product right now.

3 comments:

Amber said...

OUCH!

Pretty presentation on the cheesecakes.. now I want some.

Hope said...

Thank you!

I am still having crack trouble (a different type of crack trouble than you have!), so I always have to have something to hide it. It makes me think up good garnishes and presentation. I'm still messing with the humidity and cooling issues to see about curing my crack.

KAT said...

That's too bad about Michael's wrist. It will hopefully not take too long to heal.