CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Stayed home last night..

Debbie did her cancel on me thing, which she used to do all the time, but has recently forsaken it. We used to call her my "friend who cancels all the time." I thought I might go out and get some dinner anyway, but then decided to stay home and eat what I had here (plenty of food) and be able to take Emily someplace nicer for lunch today with the money. She is up at Heather's in Indy because they went to see Ben Folds last night. Heather will go to church between 1 and 4 and I am going to go see Emily and have some lunch with her. At the appropriate time I will head east to Greenfield and fetch Hippie Boy from his dad's. I wish I had planned ahead a little better or retrieved my mail from the PO a little sooner because I just now read the UU church newsletter and there is a veggie potluck at 5:00 today and a focus on ethical eating. I am sure Michael would have been really interested in it. I could still call Ed and ask, but then Michael would have to get packed and take all his stuff to church with him and I would have to pick him up at the church to make it back here even CLOSE to 5, and it sounds too hard.

The worst part is Michael skips Priesthood meeting anyway and just walks around the church. He has never been ordained and figures why should he go. I think it's inappropriate to force him to go to church at all. If the church says people are accountable enough to decide they want to join at 8 years old, why aren't the very same people accountable enough to decide they no longer want to attend or be a member until they are eighteen? Things that make you go hmmm...

Now I just need to decide if I want to get ready in time to go to church before I head up to Indy. It starts at 11:15 and is usually over by 12:15 at the latest. I haven't been for a while because I have been hibernating so much. Today's sermon is "A Year to Live." inspired by a book by the same name and subtitled, "How to Live This Year as if it Were Your Last." I just decided that knowing that, I'm not going to go. I think I already try to live every day to its fullest. Seeing my brother die WAY too early, knowing the good life he lived was lesson enough for me. When he was sick I realized that it could be any one of us, any day. I could pull out of the parking lot at work, someone runs the stoplight and I'm gone. When everybody in America was all over watching that "Last Lecture" guy on YouTube and Oprah and all that I never watched it or listened to it one time. Something about it bothers me. Like maybe I think we shouldn't have to be taught to embrace life and think of each day as a gift. I know I bitch sometimes and have my days I complain, especially if I have physical pain or discomfort. I know I complain about people sometimes. I know there are times I have been offensive to specific people or groups of people in this very blog. Despite all that I LOVE LIFE! I love the life I have with my family and friends and home and I cherish every second. So there.

I hope it gets as warm as it is predicted today. Maybe I can get Emily to go for a walk with me after lunch, if she took good walking shoes. There is a state park up there I have wanted to check out and maybe we'll have time. I think it even has handicap accessible trails which means flat enough for me to not have a heart attack and die.

Well, positive thoughts today for a good trip to Indy, time to see my children - I don't think I've seen Emily since the holidays, though we do talk on the phone - and for the joy of having hippie boy back home.

Oh and we all need to have positive thoughts for Katie (the roommate/friend Katie, not the niece). She is in crisis and is finally getting an appt with a new therapist this week to help her deal with it. We need to think of it going well and that she will get a good match with an effective therapist. Niece Katie needs positive thoughts for her pregnancy, and mine go toward a boy, but she's three for three on girls, so far!

No comments: