CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Scrabble Ramble...

It is amazing how badly I play Scrabble online. Everybody kicks my ass. I have learned to be more strategic in my playing rather than just playing whatever word displays my vast intelligence and vocabulary. I still don't really want to take the time to THINK that hard about the strategy, however. Even if I am playing with someone who is also online and we are playing quickly I don't take time. Instead of sitting here contemplating my next bingo and triple word score I will fold a load of laundry, start dinner, put away groceries, clean the oven.... I can't just SIT HERE and play Scrabble. I think that is why I am much better at Scrabble in real life. I do move quickly once it is my turn, but I have contemplated at least a little while my opponent has made his or her move. Scrabble is the only slow moving game I actually enjoy. I like thoughtless, easy games like Sorry, Racko, Uno and Phase 10. Even when I play those games I practically go insane if I am playing with someone who doesn't pay attention. If I have to say, "It's your turn," too many times I become nearly homicidal. I guess this is a symptom of my restlessness, or guilt complex, or ADD or some psychological problem.

Positive thoughts today toward going to a football game party tonight and being social. Positive thoughts toward socially acceptable conversation and behavior on my part and that the large, hyper dog won't get me swearing in front of people I admire and would like to get to know better.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Large, hyper dog... More information needed. Sounds like a poodle.

Sending laughter atcha for a good Monday, Hopie.

Deb xo

Hope said...

Actually a Black Lab. She is always drawn to me, even if there are 10 other people in the room who like her. She has to come lick or put dog snot on my hand every time she sees me.