CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

About ready for bed.

I just had to mention that my son is sleeping out in the yard tonight. He's been over anxious to go camping all winter and hasn't made it. Because it is "nice" tonight - above freezing - he asked me if he could sleep outside. I decided why fight it. I have a VERY nice sleeping bag that is pretty well rated and I also have a fleece liner he put inside it. He is on a tarp so he should not get wet. What a nutty kid I have! He really wants to take a bike trip to Muscatatuck. I have no idea how many miles away it is, but I know that he doesn't have proper gear to take that length of trip right now. We are going to have to work on it. It is a beautiful night with a full or almost full moon. It was rising as I traveled east on Hwy 40 to go get Michael and it was so lovely it distracted me somewhat from my driving. It is difficult sometimes to be such an avid sky watcher.

Well, off to bed. I did complete a few more of the household tasks after we got home.
Is this obsessive? Does anybody else wash and bleach the shower curtain liners if they start to get soap scummy or discolored and bordering on mildew. Do you not care at all? Or do you just go out and buy new ones? Sometimes I wonder if I care too much or if I am too cheap and should just take the easier solution, even if I do care too much. I really want responses on this one, so if anybody out there is reading this, tell me what you do, please!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I don't get the wanting to sleep out in the cold. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Best way to wash a shower curtain is to throw it in the washer with a towel or two. (Yep, I do it too).

Hope said...

Yeah, but do NORMAL People do it too? You and I don't qualify.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if I qualify as normal, but I wash them too, both the plastic and the cloth kind. Probably not as frequently as I should, though. See you Saturday!

Jennnifer

Deb said...

So that makes three among your readers (you now qualify as our leader, Hopie). Yes, wash the critters until they crumble.

My best friends include Clorox and Faux Clorox (Faux goes by her nickname, "Bleach").

Love,

My husband thinks I'm normal Deb

Lisa said...

So funny reading this--I just purchased a liner for the guest room. I never really noticed before, and never imagined washing it until a few weeks ago. I decided that washing it might be a bigger hassle, and wondered what would happen and thought I could handle a few bucks for new. Maybe I'll try washing, and return the other. I'm pretty frugal most of the time, unless it's a huge freakin' hassle.