CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sigh...

I received my usual Valentine from my friend Lu last night. Usual except ironically, it contained the news that she is having open heart surgery next month to repair a collapsed valve. She has had some kind of little heart troubles for many years, but I guess the new diagnosis is very scary and serious...if I can remember without re-reading a collapsed mitrial valve or something like that. She is in Missoula Montana, which according to her is a great place to be and her dr. is one of the experts in the world in this procedure. Lu is 20 days younger than I, thin, healthy, walks two miles a day, AMAZING person. She was my birth partner when I had Emily. We have been friends since seventh grade. I feel like I should GO, but I know there is nothing I would be able to do if I went. I wanted to tell Gillian about it all day, but I knew I would cry if I tried to talk about it.

Michael had first lesson with new teacher. I sat in and it was amazing. I LOVE this guy. The plan now is to alternate lessons one week with Shelley, one week with Ben. Shelley will most likely sit in on the Ben lessons - I will NOT pay for her presence.

I am still sick and losing my voice off and on throughout the day depending how recently I have had fluids and how much I have talked. I plan to do some house stuff tonight, but try to do my version of take it easy. My brunch is Saturday and I do NOT want to cancel so I have to be well enough to feel comfortable cooking for people and also to be able to enjoy the company.

Kitchen Incubator meeting was GREAT. I feel like I will be chosen to be one of the six in the pilot program, but I don't have any confirmation on that yet. There was one of THOSE people there - a woman who had to negative everything the presenter said and somehow prove that what he was saying was wrong... I did NOT keep my mouth shut last night. I did NOT say the "F" word, however. I managed to say to her... "in an opposing viewpoint, I feel the program is great because..." Everybody be proud of me for keeping it clean! If I AM chosen, it starts next week with classes at the Small Business Development Center. The actual kitchen is not completely built yet, so the business training, feasibility studies, business plans and goals come first. Woo hoo.

So a mixture of good and bad, but maybe every day is that way.

Positive thoughts for trying to remember and feed off the good of each day. Positive thoughts toward Bloomington Kitchen Incubator and learning to achieve some long-term goals.

The end, to go check my Scrabble games, and then start some laundry.

2 comments:

Deb said...

"F"...the much maligned consonant.

But like glitter-studded fishnet stockings...a time and a place for all great things. :D

Hope said...

Glitter-studded fishnet stockings? Deb, there is a lot I don't know about you, and boy am I curious!