CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Big Day.

Back to work. It wasn't too bad. That is one advantage to not doing Public Notices any longer - there isn't really stuff to get backed up when I'm not there. Sales is more immediate and must be done when it must be done.

Michael cooked some dinner = spaghetti. I ran by Wendy's and got a salad for Katie and myself to share... a big one with the chicken. Ate quickly then back to my class. My class is being taught by a woman who is super cool. She has been in the Bloomington community forever... started a business, worked on city council, now works with Middle Way House on starting their own businesses for residents to have jobs and learn business skills, just super-neat. I really, really enjoyed it and I really like most of the people there. There is one guy in the class (Michael V.) who has also traveled in my one crowd of friends and I don't think he likes me. It's strange because we connect all over town and in many different situations but he has never seemed to like me. It puzzles me because EVERYBODY likes me - and why wouldn't they? So being there with him was a little uncomfortable. I also feel a little funny because everybody else with food-related ideas (This is a mixture of Kitchen Incubator and other small business people in this class) have all these healthy, altruistic, locally grown produce things they want to do and I just want to bake and get rich and have time to write books too, by the way. I feel a little selfish and very much like the fat girl when I talk about it.

I have lots of home work that is kind of self-examination stuff. I look forward to doing it, even though it might be difficult. It really is time for me to determine if I honestly have the guts and the creativity and the intelligence to pursue this. We shall see....

Michael had a solar bike team meeting while I was in my class and came home with a tentative itinerary for the Japan trip. MORE fund raising, MORE money, but SUCH a cool thing. I hope we can make it happen!

Positive thoughts tonight toward self-examination being a good thing, and good energy to getting Michael to Japan.

1 comment:

KAT said...

Japan would be really cool