CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I found my keys...

which means I lost my keys in the first place. I went to lunch and then shopped at Dollar General. When I went back to the car I looked and looked, I went back to the restaurant, I went back to the store, I went back to the restaurant, I dumped out my purse... No keys. I finally gave up and called work and had somebody come get me. Donna volunteered to bring me home from work and on the way she said she wouldn't mind if we stopped and looked some more. So we stopped. Donna helped me look in the car, we went back to the restaurant, we went to another business nearby. Donna asked, "Do you want to go back to Dollar General and ask?" I was worried about taking too much of Donna's time, but I said okay. They had them! Someone had found them in the parking lot and turned them in. YAY! Glad for a happy ending.

I came home and made a lovely dinner. I tried to mimic Cafe Django's nutty noodles. I cooked noodles, made a sauce with almond butter, peanut butter, butter, chopped peanuts and a little milk and salt and pepper. I sauteed chicken separately for Katie and myself and Michael sauteed some tofu with a chopped hot pepper (from our garden!) to add to his. It was pretty good. We decided it could use more veggies, even though I swear I had an entire skillet full, but I guess it's good we like veggies. Kate and Michael both REALLY liked them. I said, "I appreciate when you appreciate my food and express your appreciation!" They weren't completely like Cafe Django's, but they were good. I think a little Tahini, with its sesame flavor, might zip them up a little, or maybe a little curry. Next time around.

So positive thoughts today for good karma in key finding and good food and good conversation and good appreciation!

No comments: