CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A little bummed...

I didn't officially blog on Saturday, even though it still feels like Saturday! I stayed home all day and just did laundry and domestic tasks and read. Around 4:00 I dyed my hair and lay down and slept until just before midnight when Pat called and needed a ride home. I got dressed and went downtown and took him home. I stopped at Wendy's and got a hamburger and a salad because I hadn't eaten any dinner when I fell asleep and that is a long time. I ate a late lunch and it had plenty of protein - I had cooked two Tilapia fillets so that's probably what kept me alive! I had planned to take myself to a movie tonight. Oops. I did watch a movie on the computer - "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" with Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I really think he is the best actor of my generation.

Pat and I had talked about going to a movie tomorrow, but he'll probably feel like crap tomorrow now. I really had too much to choose from anyway. I could go to church, to a clothing swap, a movie... I also have to drive to Indy to pick up Michael because Ed came to get him Friday. Likely plans are I will go to church if I get up in time, get some lunch out, go to the clothing swap and then just go to Indy from there. Or maybe I will do none of the above. I still don't have the house all the way clean like I would like it. Sleeping away the late afternoon and all evening took away a lot of productive time. So unless I stay up half the night I will end up starting another busy week with a messy house, which is always a bummer. It's also the week before I have my brunch on Saturday and I don't want to have to stay up half the night cleaning AND cooking. Cooking will be enough!

I am feeling very movie-ish lately, which is unusual for me. Normally even when I watch movie or TV I sit and work on knitting or another project at the same time. Lately I am content to just sit (or lie down) and watch. It kind of worries me because I wonder where my energy has gone. I haven't exercised my minimum 15 minutes either. Today it was 55 degrees outside, and I am comfortable walking when it is that temperature. I didn't even step outside the front door until summoned by my drunk friend, however. What's up with me? If it is warm tomorrow I should FORCE myself to walk. Maybe I will go to Bryan Park and do it. The trail is paved and it is a circuit of .8 mile so I can see how I feel each time around. If I go on Clear Creek trail it's a "there and back" sort of trail and I have to figure out when I am halfway done and then make it back to the beginning. I'd like to go to the loop at Lake Griffy the most, but it is probably really muddy from all the melting snow.

Pat has a really nice bike he says he wants to give Michael. I didn't have the bike rack on the car tonight in anticipation of driving to Indy tomorrow and he kept saying he wished I had it so I could just bring the bike home and surprise Michael when he gets home from Ed's. I'm glad I didn't have it, as much as Michael would like the bike (It's VERY nice, Pat is secretly rich). Though Pat has talked about giving it to him for a couple of weeks I don't want him to actually do it when he is drunk. He needs to make sure he will have no regrets.

I almost feel like making a Kroger run for some groceries. Things are a little skimpy. We have plenty of food, but need the fresh stuff. It would be cheaper to wait and go to Aldi tomorrow. Another thing on my list of possibilities.

At least I don't have so many meetings this week. There is the possibility of Buffalo Sisters Monday, but I RSVPd that I am probably a no, Orchestra Booster meeting Tuesday night, something else I can't remember on Wednesday night, cello lesson on Thursday night, get ready for brunch on Friday night. Is that enough? I hope whatever I can't remember on Wednesday night is because it is either non-existent or so insignificant I can skip it. I get tired. No wonder I slept all afternoon and evening.

Well, I need to decide if I am going to try to sleep or work on the house some more. I don't feel physically tired, just kind of headachey and lethargic. It might be better to take some drugs and let the sleep be chemically induced, jut to try to be able to get up at a normal time and get my rhythm back to normal before the work week starts.

So let's see positive thoughts: that Pat is learning a lesson about asking for help when he needs it instead of being a stupid asshole and driving, and working toward a more balanced week in my activities and home time.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Adding a note with another vote for Philip Seymour Hoffman's exceptional acting. In fact, I may not have watched Capote without him in the lead role--tough watch, tough story (I knew), and brilliance from Hoffman in that role.

Hopie, if you haven't seen Hoffman's, Love Liza, I recommend it to you. Awestruck by his performance in that lesser-known film, it was easy to become a fan of his great talent.

Hope said...

I saw "Love Liza" and it was one of my favorites, ever.

Hope said...

Also - there is another one called "Flawless" that is not well known, but amazing.

Deb said...

Yes, yes, yes, for Flawless.

Thank you for reminding another great I'll watch more than once, to appreciate. xo