CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I hate people.

Specifically, I hate people who at meetings have to prove that somehow they know more about the subject being presented than the person presenting the subject knows. Then the presenter has to find some kind way to NOT say, "Shut the fuck up. It's my turn and my idea." Instead the presenter has to say kindly, "thank you for sharing your experience. I am sure it is something the other parents will keep in mind as they make decisions concerning their student's welfare while on this trip...now as I was saying before you so rudely interrupted..." Well, I guess the rudely interrupted part doesn't get said, but even if it did, it would be better than "shut the fuck up."
I have one more meeting this week with the committee. There is only one woman who is actually on the committee who is the rude-interrupt-to-tell-her-story type, but she is SUPER bad at it. By tomorrow night, third meeting this week I may resort to the "shut the fuck up." with exclamation point. Have I written fuck enough times in this blog post yet?

Had soul food dinner at UU tonight to celebrate Black History month. Last year I did pretty well controlling my food. Tonight I did not resist the triple layer peach cobbler. I could probably use a hot of insulin right now. I am going to test my sugar and probably drink a quart of water to thin it out. I probably also came out to the Institute Director's wife as we walked into the orchestra meeting, both late. I told her it was because I was at church for dinner and a family worship service. So now I have come out about UU in my holiday letter and to my former visiting teachee... I haven't really actually joined the church, but the affinity is becoming pretty obvious I think.

Positive thoughts today are more toward good recovery for my friend Jill. She and Val came to visit me a couple of years ago and it is still one of my favorite memories of meeting internet friends IRL. So heal well, Jill!

No comments: