CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Vacation Day two

Day two of my mini vacation and getaway.

I made some mistakes in planning and preparing for this trip, but I am just going to learn from them for future trips.

Here's a rundown so far:
Yesterday was too confusing, first Michael wanted me to stay and go to the concert, then he said he didn't really want to go, them all of a sudden he said, " We have to leave now." and I was like... "Uh, I thought you didn't want to go, so then there was a frenzy of are we going to go or are we not until finally we both said forget it. It's too late for this to happen in any way, shape or form. So then I just finished getting ready and came to the Inn and left Michael on his own with a plan to go to Bike Project and meet up with Katie later. After I checked in I thought I'd get into my swim suit and check out the "water park". Well when I put on my swim suit I realized it fits differently than it used to and in fact was quite indecent... If I were going to spend any time in the water par I was going to have to go shopping. So I headed to Columbus, opposite direction as Bloomington, but about the same distance. By this time I needed food so I drove around looking for an acceptable vacation food establishment. I prefer a little diner, locally owned, with down-home cooking. I was getting too hungry so I settled for salad and pizza at "Potzko's Pies." It might be a chain, but I've never been there before so it was fine. They had a good salad and a pretty good little pizza!

Then I hit Target where HORROR OF HORRORS, I purchased the ultimate fatoldlady swimsuit with a SKIRT. I feel hideous. I remember a time in the seventies where I thought a suit with a skirt was the cutest thing ever - not so any longer. My fat belly and then legs are so disproportionate, however, that it creates an obscene gap around the ummmm.... upper leg area. Something had to be done to save the children. The other option was a two piece with a baggy top and "boy leg" shorts, but they would make me look pregnant and the first time somebody would have asked "when is the baby due?" I would have burst into tears crying, "seventeen years ago!" I'd rather be a fatoldlady.

Speaking of children, when I planned this vacation I didn't realize today is a holiday... My peace and quiet vacation turned out to have a lot of families with children. Sigh.... At the water park I did pretty well at tuning them out. I alternated between reading my book, sitting in the hot tub and playing in the lazy river part of the water park. It's a very small circuit, but what I did was walk with the current one round, then turn around and walk against the current another round. I did that ten times total. It was HARD to walk against the current. When I walked back to my room I could tell how tired my legs were.

I rested, changed and had dinner the in Inn Restaurant tonight. Meatloaf. Yum, but not as good as mine. I neither cooked it, not had to clean up the dishes, so that made it great.

After dinner I came back to the room and read some more and watched TV. For the first time ever I watched "The Bachelor" and "True Beauty". Botheare very interesting shows. I may have to forsake Jon & Kate + 8 for the next couple of weeks to find out how they turn out.

So I have been pretty relaxed. I DID go back to Bloomington today for a chiropractor appt. but that is something good. I talked to Karin about the dizzy spells and she says I have something called an odalith. I have no idea if I spelled that correctly. Some kind of calcium deposit in the ear canal that throws you out of whack. If you go up and down and turn your head and go up and down and turn your head and go up and down.... it will eventually flush out. She had me do it a few times and it was honestly getting better each time and I have already noticed it less the rest of the day. She said I might have to do it a couple a couple of weeks to get it all the way out. ALSO MORE SURGERY POSSIBLE??? She had told me before I have a lipoma, a big glob of fat deposit by my left shoulder blade. Today she suggested I get an opinion on getting it removed, that it might be so large that it may be pressing on my ribs. It is true that it is always my left side that has problems, left hip, left knee, left side of my neck... heck even my left tooth.... and it just occurred to me as I was typing (transcribing this from my written journal) that Dr. Weiler said it was my left side that had all the problems and major adhesions during my surgery this summer and why I had extra incisions on that side. Things that make you go hmmm....

Tomorrow plan is to get up and eat a fiber bar and applesauce breakfast in my room - get almost everything ready - go to the park from 10 - 11:00, then get ready and check out by 12:00, then into Nashville to browse the shops and eat lunch. Back home for dinner and to hear Michael play at "Fine Arts Night."

It's almost midnight and time to settle in.

When I first got here I turned up the heat full blast. It was finally tonight that I got hot. Now I've turned it all the way off and I am burning up.

Crazy/... oh and no internet for two days. I brought Katie's laptop and then it turns out no internet in this hotel! I must say, however, I think it is the cleanest hotel where I have ever stayed.

No comments: