CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I dumped...

as in WENT to the dump, not the other thing. Well, I may have done that too. I don't remember, but I do eat a lot of fiber...

Michael is home from Science Olympiad. They got first in Fossils and second in Remote Sensing (Don't ask me - something about satellite data....) so he will go to State. He said he had a great day, but still feels physically terrible. As bad and as tired as I have felt lately I understand, I have chronic diseases, don't control my diet as I should, have not been physically active like I used to be. There is NO REASON that a kid who eats such healthy food and rides his bike 10 miles a day should feel like CRAP all the time. Did I tell you guys that I sent him to the chiropractor whom I love and trust? She said he needs more food, more carbs and more good fats. She has him downing flaxseed oil by the tablespoon. It's been maybe a week and I don't notice any improvement. All I see is that an eighteen dollar bottle of organic flaxseed oil almost needs replaced already... We have also been using flaxmeal. I used it when I made bread last week and he used it to make pancakes Monday. I may need to start making bread more often to get it in. Yeah I need more housework and cooking to do. Maybe tomorrow I will make some muffins and use it. I do have some fresh blueberries right now. I also have a squishy banana or two. I can make some banana bread with it.

So anyway. I only came back to post again because I didn't post any positive thoughts earlier today, but of course I have to report more.

So my positive thoughts today are for a more productive tomorrow, somehow involving flaxseed or flaxmeal and time with Hippie Boy.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Has he been to a doctor doctor? Like, an MD who can run blood tests?

If he was a girl I'd say he's probably pregnant. But if he feels like crap all the time, eats well and exercises, maybe there's something wrong.

Lisa said...

I think it's lack of food too. A little chocolate would increase his seratonin. Can he get enough protein being a vegetarian? My doc said I needed half my body weight in grams of protein. That's a lot of beans. He probably needs more carbs too, since he burns everything off biking. Maybe he actually has an eating disorder?
I can't stand that John's mom puts sugar in everything, but they are happy people. Maybe sneaking a little in couldn't hurt.

Hope said...

He has had extensive testing at dr. tested for mono twice, complete blood profiles, EKG, X-rays, tested for urinary tract infections, strep... all over the past three or four months. It has been going on that long. She finally said she can't find anything wrong with him and he must have Seasonal Affective Disorder and needs more exercise and sunlight. Gillian remembered that when she was little in London they took cod liver oil to get vit. D in winter but we won't take it because of the fishies, even though I tried to convince him they only MILK their little livers! SO we talked to alternative dr. and she says more food, more good fats, sub the flaxseed oil and don't but the expensive lights off the internet, but DO get full spectrum bulbs and put them all over the house. Katie bought one and we put it in here where we do most of our hanging out. I plan to get more. He eats dark chocolate almost every day and probably does other tings that increase seratonin - he is a teenage boy. :)

I also have him seeing a shrink. I think he is depressed over the BAD situation with his father, and even though it is probably a situational depression and not something that needs medicated, I hope he will gain some tools to help him deal with it.